Chapter 5 : The Almost Library Hook-Up

| Helen |

The library was easy to find. I walked in and was surrounded by thousand of books, I felt at home. I walked through the aisles. I pulled out books, read the summary and put them back, some where very interesting. I stood on my tiptoes to grab a book when someone was leaning against the shelf. The boy was about 6 foot tall or shorter, he was definitely shorter than Luke. He had a cocky smile.

"Man, am I glad I brought my library card, cause I'm checking you out," He said in a deep voice.

I laughed at his stupid pick up line. "Sorry, my print is way to difficult for you to understand," I reply.

"You know, I was debating on not to come here, now I am glad I did. I get to be he first to meet the smoking hot new girl, your name is?"

"Helen," I say.

"Travis, nice to meet you gorgeous," he said.

"Well, Travis Nice To Meet You Gorgeous, we had a lovely chat, but i gotta go."

"Don't leave babe," He said blocking my exit. He was strong and kinda cute, but his attitude was a TURN OFF. I was starting to get nervous.

"But I want to leave, so let me pass," I demanded.

"Oh, feisty, I like a good challenge," he said.

I rolled my eyes, "Please, I am a challenge you won't complete."

He smiled and pushed me against a wall.

"Get off me!" I growled.

"How about no," he whispered in my ear and started to nibble it. I ducked under his arm and walked fast, but he caught my arm and pinned me to the wall once more.

"Look, I am one of the hottest guys around here, you are one of the hottest girls, we'd make a perfect couple. I will make you mine one way or another," he said.

"Get the fuck off her!" Someone said.

Travis was pulled way from me and i took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked.

I nodded. "You're lucky you didn't do anything bad to her, Travis. Now stay away from her."

"Calum, you would never have a chance with a girl like her, so why try?" Travis teased. He left the library and i hugged Calum and tried not to cry. I'd never felt so helpless, I should have fought back, but it all felt too familiar.

"You okay? What the hell, that was a stupid question, of course you are not okat," Calum says wrapping his arms around my waist. It all felt so right to be in Calum's arms.

"No, I'm fine, just a little in shock, I guess," I reply.

I let go of Calum as his phone rings.

"Yea? Yea, she is right here, mate," he said looking at me. "No, she is fine, Travis tried to make a move on her, had her pinned to the library wall."

"What?!" I heard Luke's voice on the other end of the line. I shut my eyes. I knew what was coming next.

"Yea, I'll make sure she gets there safely," Calum promises. I opened my eyes, Calum hung up.

I groaned, "Luke is going to kill me."

"Not unless he kills Travis first," Calum says. "What do you have next?"

"I have history," I replied.

"Cool, I'll walk you over there," Calum says.

"No, its fine."

"The last time we left you alone, you almost turned into another one of Travis' Library Hook Ups."

"I'm not going to be anyone's library hook up anytime soon."

Calum walked side by side with me. I adjusted the strap on my bag every minute.

"How did you find me?" I ask.
"Well, Luke said you liked to read a lot, so I figured, maybe the Library," Calum replies. I smile. We turn a corner.

"This is my stop, I'd walk you all the way, but I don't want to be late to another class," Calum frowned.

"No, it's fine Calum, you have already done enough," I hugged him.
"Take care," He said.

"You too." I walk towards History class. I was looking down avoiding eye contact, when I was puled into a hug.

"God, Helen, what happened?"

I wrapped my arms around Luke's back. I pulled away, "Nothing happened."

"Then why did Calum tell me you were attacked by Travis Stone?"

I sighed, "He tried to seduce me, it didn't work, okay? Luke don't worry about me."

He nodded but still looked worried. I swear this boy worries too much. We walked into history and I sit next to Luke. Every once in a while Luke looked over at me. I took his hand in mine, "Luke, I'm fine. I didn't get hurt. I'm okay."

He smiled a little, "I know, I'm just worried." He lightly smacked my stomach and I winced in pain. My bruise throbbed. Any type of touch would send my bruised stomach hurting.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Yea," I lied.

"After this is lunch."

"Great."

The bell rang and the teacher walked in. "Alright class, today we are going to learn about Greek Mythology."

I perked up, this is my subject. "Yes," I said silently. Luke gave me a confused look.

"Raise you hand if you know anything about Greek Mythology," the teacher said. He was about 5 foot tall and 40 or so years old. My hand shot up after he said that. Three other kids raised their hands.

"Alright can anybody name the 12 olympians?" he asked.

I raised my hand, no one else did. He picked me and I answered the question correctly without missing a beat.

"That is correct, now someone name ten Minor gods."

I raised my hand again, he nodded in my direction. I answered proudly.

"Very good, Helen."

I bowed my head. I looked over at Luke, his eyes were wide.

"And you say you're not smart," he teased.

"Shut up, Lucas," we both laughed. The class went by fast, the bell rand I shoved my stuff in my bag. Luke stood up.

"Lets go," He said.

"I'm not very hungry," I said.

"They why did you say you were?" Luke asked.

I cursed under my breath, "I was kidding." I mentally kicked myself. Why did I have to get this bruise? Wait this isn't your fault, its HIS fault, who shall remain unknown, for now.