Chapter 93 : If You Don't Know

*2 Months Later*

| Helen |

Since we got back from Winter break, the guys have been busy, busy, busy.

They go to school, rehearse, and write songs every day of the week.

The only days the guys did have off were, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Luke's grades were dropping. How do I know?

His grade report came in today.

I rubbed my temple, my fear is that Luke won't graduate.

I'm starting to feel like a Mom, I said to myself.

I went into Luke's room, he was doing his homework.

"Catching up?" I asked.

He nodded and I sat in front of him, avoiding the textbooks and loads of paperwork in front of him.

I handed him his grade report.

One look at it and he looked like the weight of the world was put on his shoulders.

He groaned.

"How the hell am I going to catch up, Helen? I know, I won't be here for about the last three weeks, but still?" He asked and looked at me.

"You can always finish school while touring," I suggested.

He laughed, "I'm not going to do that, Helen! The guys and I are writing a song about being a reject and being sick of the system."

I huffed, "Fine, Luke. I'm just trying to help you."

I got up and left his room.

Before I could reach the bottom of the stairs I heard Luke call out.

"Help me!" He whined.

I went back up the stairs in into my room. I opened my backpack and brought out my binder.

I hurried to Luke's room and swung the door open.

His eyes lit up a little, " Are you gonna help me?"

I handed him my art work-covered binder.

"We both have the same classes, but different periods. I've done all the homework, you can copy it. Turn it in by Monday, and maybe that'll raise your grade," I said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," He said.

"Yea, anyway, I'm off."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"With Calum," I replied.

"Mhmm," I heard him say.

I went into my bathroom to quickly brush my teeth.

I heard the doorbell ring and I bounded down the stairs.

I opened the door and Calum stood there.

A smile spread across his lips and me picked me off the ground in a tight hug.

"I feel like it's been forever since I hugged you, or kissed you," He said and planted a kiss on my lips.

He set me on the ground and led me to his car.

I held Calum's hand as we walked on the concrete trail of the small local park.

Children were running around on the playground, their parents looking at them, smiling as their child ached for their attention. Showing them the fact that they could go across the Monkey Bars without falling.

"Helen, you know I love you right?"

"Yea, Calum. You tell me everyday," I laughed a little.

He smiled but it disappeared shortly after, "Then why do I fee like you'll regret our relationship once I go on tour?"

"I won't regret it Calum, you know that. I'm afraid that we'll drift apart. That you'll find another girl. A better and beautiful girl and you'll leave me and my broken heart in Australia."

"I won't find another girl because you're the only girl I have eyes for. You're prefect to me and I won't ever leave you. Remember that."

I nodded and we stopped abruptly

"Hey, look at me," He tilted my chin until I met his brown eyes. "You are absolutely beautiful and I want you to never forget that."

He lightly kissed me.

"I know it'll be hard. Six months, but we'll do it. Our relationship will be as strong as it was when I leave. I'll love you as much as I do as when I leave off for tour."

I only stared at him.

"Do you love me?" He finally asked.

My breath got hitched and I couldn't answer his question. I wanted to scream out, 'I do love you Calum! I do.'

"Helen, if you want to end our relationship before I leave, you can do it. It'll be your choice. So go ahead, rip my heart out, show me what loves all about. But I'll remember the taste of your skin tonight. And the way that you looked, you had those eyes, I'll remember the way I felt inside and the name of the songs that made you cry. I know that you would scream, we would fight and you would call me crazy. And that I would laugh, you were mad, but you'd always kiss me. In the shirt that I had that you always borrowed," he pointed to the his Nirvana shirt I was wearing. "When I wake up, it'll be gone. There will be no tomorrow. And I want you to want me this way, but I need you to need me to stay. Helen, if you say that you don't feel a thing and if you don't know, let me go."

He turned his back on me and started walking away. But I caught his hand he looked at me.

"Let's forget the past," I started, "I swear we'll make this last, Calum."

"If I could say the things I wanna say, I'd find a way to make you stay and I'd never let you get away." He said.

I smiled at him and pressed my lips to his once more.

I'm not going anywhere, Calum.