Chapter 35 : SURPRISE! IT'S YOUR DAUGHTER!

| Luke |

I stood at the gate waiting for my mum. Everyone either had balloons or were holding signs that said 'Welcome Back!' or 'Welcome to Australia.' I spent the last of my money on that damn bow. But it's gonna be worth it.

I saw my mum walk out of the airport, dragging some luggage. I jogged towards her, a huge smile on my face. She hugged me and I hugged back.

"Oh, Lucas," She said.

"Hi, mum," I said "Welcome back."

She pulled away, and wiped away tears.

"Thank you, Luke. Now let's go home, I'm sick of living out of that luggage."

I laughed and carried her bags. We walked towards my car and I put her bags in the trunk.

"It feels so good to be home," She said.

"It's good to have you back, mum."

We drove away from the airport parking lot.

I pulled into the drive way and got out. I got the luggage out the trunk and followed Mum, towards the front door. She unlocked it and took a deep breath.

"Home sweet home," She said. I smiled.

"Luke did you clean the house?" She asked surprised.

"Yea! It was a hassle, how could you do it everyday?" I asked.

She laughed, and kissed my cheek, "Thank you Lucas. Now I am going to go put the bags upstairs."

I nodded and she walked up the flight of stairs. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Ashton.

Me: You guys better be done wrapping, cause I am at the house.

He texted back almost immediatley.

Ashton: Yea we're done.

Me: Great, bring her over.

Ashton: Okay, and she doesn't even have a scratch from the knife.

Me: Knife? Scratch?!

Ashton: Well do you want her to suffocate in the box?!

Me: Point taken. Now hurry up!

Ashton: Yes, your Majesty.

I rolled my eyes at his text. I heard my mum's footsteps and put my phone back in my pocket. I sat on a kitchen chair.

"So why didn't Helen come?" She asked. Sadness filled her eyes. I felt giddy inside.

"Oh, she was going to have a Going-Away party," I replied.

"Your father probably isn't ready to let her go."

"I mean, he did raise her," I said.

"So, what did you do while I was gone?"

"Nothing. Just ate, played some FIFA, did some song writing, the usual." I said blankly.

After a couple of minutes of talking about mum's trip, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Its open!" I shouted.

Ashton opened the door, "Hello, Liz! We brought you a welcome back present."

Calum and Michael followed close behind, carrying a box, that I hope contains Helen.

"Yea, you'll love it!" Calum said.

"Luke picked it out himself," Michael added.

I snorted.

"Thank you boys," Mum said.

Calum and Michael put the box down and all hugged my mum.

"Go ahead and open it, mum," I said.

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

"You'll see," I reply.

I took my phone out and started recording as my mum began tearing away the wrap, along with the big bow.

"Why does it have a single piece of tape on it?" Mum asked.

Just as she said that Helen jumped out of the box. My mum screamed. I got up and moved angle to get a better view with my phone.

"Helen?!" Mum asked.

Helen had tears in her eyes but nodded. They both hugged. Me and the guys let out a small cheer.

"Oh my gosh! Luke said you were still in California!"

"I wanted to surprise you!" I said.

"After years, I get to see my beautiful daughter."

"I missed you so much, Mom!" Helen sobbed.

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Mum replied.

I ended the video and put my phone back in my pocket. I went over and hugged the two most important women in my life.

Ashton, Michael, and Calum followed.

"You okay?" I asked my Mum and Helen.

Helen nodded. And we all pulled apart.

I smiled. "It's good to be back."

We spent the rest of the day catching up on things we missed in each other's lives. Like birthday parties and random stories. We played a few games and had dinner. It was such a great feeling to be surrounded by family. Especially with Calum, Michael, and Ash there, they are like brothers to me.

After they left at nine I went to bed.

I lay there and thought to myself that things are going to be great and life itself is going to be great.

And with a smile on my face, I eventually fell asleep.