Chapter 84 : Sherlock Hemmings

| Luke |

I woke up to 'Sex' by The 1975 playing downstairs.

The smell of meat cooking made my mouth water. Reluctantly I crawled out of the warm bed and made my way downstairs.

I was greeted by Billie Joe, who jumped up until I gave him my attention.

'And this is how it starts, take your shoes off in the back of my van. Yea my shirt looks so good, when it's just hanging off your back."

I heard the beginning lyrics to the song and walked into the kitchen. Helen was standing at the stove, flipping a sausage pattie while Calum had his arms around her stomach. They were both smiling.

They looked so happy. Especially Calum, I remember when he was moping around, always upset, but now he's happy.

I would have smiled too, if I wasn't so hungry.

"Morning, mate," Calum said.

"Mhmm," I replied and sat on one of the chairs in front of the counter.

"Here you go, Luke," Helen said before sliding a plate across the smooth surface. I stopped the plate with my hand and looked at the English muffin in front of me.

I immediately began inhaling it.

Calum sat in the chair next to me. He got an English muffin too.

"When did Dad get home, do you know?" I asked Helen.

"I actually don't know. I fell asleep at one, so maybe he got home after that," She replied.

"One? Didn't we all go to our rooms at 11? Were you really up for another hour?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. I was catching up one some YouTube videos and Tumblr," She replied.

I nodded.

She slid two more plates across the counter. I was about to get one of them when Helen slapped my hand away.

"The fuck was that for?" I asked.

"They're for Michael and Ashton," She replied before taking my plate. "You want another one you could have just asked."

She put another muffin on my after taking it and handed me my plate back.

Billie gave a loud bark.

"What does he want?" Calum asked.

"He wants to go outside," Helen replied before disappearing from the kitchen and into the hallway.

Calum was humming to 'Sex.'

Suddenly he started giggling.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing, just something I thought of," he said.

I raised my eyebrow at him but didn't question it any further.

Helen came back into the kitchen with Billie Joe at her feet.

"So what are we going to do today?" Michael asked once he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Well, Ash wants to go to Universal Studios, so we're going there," Helen said.

"Wait you were actually serious?" Ashton asked behind Michael.

"Yea, you think I was kidding?" She said.

"Let's do it!" Ashton exclaimed before grabbing his muffin and taking a bite from it.

After eating and everyone got suited for the day. We all jumped into Helen's car and drove off to yet another adventure.