Chapter 30 : These Are My Confessions

| Calum |

I leaned in, I was finally going to be able to kiss her. Just as our lips were about to collide I heard the front door unlock. Helen quickly pulled away and jumped up on the counter, she acted casual. I just stood where I was.

I was so fucking close.

The door swung open and Luke stood there with four boxes, three wrapping paper rolls and a huge bow. He looked pissed.

"What happened?" Helen asked taking a swig from her AriZona tea that she had popped open.

"What happened was that I had to wrestle this bow from some lady!" he said.

Helen burst out laughing, "Luke that probably is and probably will ever be the only badass thing you have ever done!"

"But its true, the woman was holding onto the bow and so was Luke," Ashton explained.

"Then she saw us stand next to Luke and she quickly let go, guess she thought red-haired guys are dangerous. She wasn't wrong," Michael smiled mischievously.

"So what did you guys do?" Luke asked.

"None, just went out for some breakfast," Helen replied.

"Like a date?" Ashton asked.

"It was just a friendly outing," Helen said quickly.

Damn it. I thought it was a date. Guess not. I knew she didn't feel the same......or, does she?

Helen quickly changed the subject.

"So you guys are in a band, what are you called?"

5 Seconds of Summer," Ashton replied.

"Who came up with the name?" She asked.

"Me," Michael spoke up.

"I like it, its catchy. I want to hear you guys play."

"Well, we usually play at Michael's house," Luke said.

"Then lets go!" Helen exclaimed.

"Yea, sure I won't mind," Michael agreed.

We went outside and I got into my car. I was going to go back home after that.

Michael got in the passenger's seat. Luke and Helen went with Ash in his car. She hadn't made eye contact with me since the almost kiss.

I started the engine and started driving to Michael's house.

"So, do you like Helen?" He asked.

Of course he would ask. "Yea, she's cool," I said keeping my eyes on the road.

"Yea. But do you like her? Does she made your heart race every time you see her? Does she make you all tongue-tied? Are you nervous around her? Do you always have the urge to kiss her? Do you find yourself admiring her beauty?"

Answer to all those question are yes.

"i don't know about tongue-tied. I could talk to her just fine," I said.

"Bro, you like her! You have a crush on her. Admit it!" Michael yelled.

I sighed, "Yea, I have a small crush on her," I confessed. "But it's not like we can be together. I don't thiink she has feelings for me. Plus she is Luke's sister. Won't it be weird to date my best mate's sister?"

Michael simply said, "We'll see how things turn out."

And the rest of the ride was quiet and all I could think of was Helen.