Chapter 50 : Date

| Calum |

I decided on a white dress shirt and a black tie to go along with it. I wore my usual black tight jeans and black converse. I brushed my teeth and ran my fingers through my hair and made sure I put on some deodorant. I sprayed on some cologne, slipped my phone into my pocket and grabbed my keys.

"Hey, Mum, I'll be back later," I said.

"You look so handsome, Calum!" She exclaimed.

I smiled at her, "Thanks."

"Don't forget to open the door for her, walk her to the door, compliment her outfit, don't be awkward, and just be a gentleman to her," She said.

"I know, Mum, it's not my first date."

She smiled.

I kissed her cheek and left out the door. I got into my car and drove towards a flower shop.

When I got to the shop I got out and walked into the door.

There was all kinds of flowers and colors.

Does she even like flowers?

And if she does what kind?

Daisies?

Tulips?

Roses?

"Can I help you with something?"

I turned around. A woman about forty or fifty stood behind me.

"Yea, I want to get flowers for my date," I said.

She smiled, "Ah, I see. Is she your girlfriend?"

Hopefully, soon.

"No, not yet," I replied.

"Okay, first date?"

"Yes."

"Well, I think you should go with the classic red roses," She said.

"Really?"

"Yes, what girl doesn't like roses?"

I nodded.

She walked over to a white bucket full of roses. She picked out twelve and went to the counter. I followed. She made the stems shorter and wrapped them in a simple white cloth, then tied a black ribbon around the cloth. They looked perfect.

"$10.59," She said.

I brought out my wallet and gave her the money. She gave me the change and handed me the roses.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Your welcome," She replied and I walked out and got back into my car. I carefully placed the roses on the passenger's seat and started the car. It was at 5:50. I'll make it in time. I drove off and blasted some Blink-182. 'First Date' started playing.

"Seriously?" I asked to myself, but couldn't help but smile.

After a couple of minutes I was parked outside their house. I turned the engine off and took a deep breath. I felt my heartbeat getting faster. I popped two breath mints in my mouth. I brushed my teeth before I came, but I just want to be sure and be fresh.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Good enough.

I grabbed the roses and opened the door.

I walked on the driveway and towards the door.

I took exhaled and rung to doorbell.

I'm usually really confident when it comes to going on a date with a girl. But not this time. My heart is beating fast and I feel all flustered.