Chapter 21 : I Become Boyfriend Material

| Calum |

I sat in the back with Helen in the middle and Michael on the right side window. Luke drove and Ashton was in the passenger's seat.

Music was blaring from the speakers. We were all singing along. This is such an amazing feeling. Living like crazy teenagers as if there were no tomorrow.

We arrived at the store and got out. Helen got a shopping cart and pushed it towards the door. We entered and went our separate ways. Luke and Ashton went to the music section, Helen disappeared around a corner with her cart, Michael and I went to the gaming section.

"FIFA!" Michael exclaimed.

"Are you going to buy it? What is that, like the third FIFA game?" I asked.

"Hell yeah I am going to buy it!" Michael shouted.I laughed. Michael was probably going to take long so i decided to go find Helen.

I was about to give up and go with Luke and Ashton when I heard someone cuss.

"Stupid fucking shelf! Does it look like I can reach that high up?"

I looked around the corner and Helen had her foot on the store shelf and was reaching up to get a candle. She was clearly too short to get it.

I laughed a little, "Here, I got it," I said and easily brought it down for her. She got off the shelf.

"Thanks Calum," She smiled and it made me smile, too. God, she was gorgeous. She smelled the candle.

"Does it smell good to you?" She asked me.

I leaned down and took a sniff. "It smells like vanilla," I said. "It smells good though."

She laughed and put it in the cart. She had other things in the cart too, books, lotion, and lights.

"Hey Calum, be a sweetheart and bring me down the pink candle that says 'Sweet Pea'" She said.

I grabbed the candle she told me, off the shelf and gave it to her. "Here you go, beautiful."

She blushed and looked down, "Thank you, Calum."

"My pleasure."

She smelled the candle, "This one smells good." She lifted it to my nose.

"It smells like flowers," I remarked.

"I'm taking it," She placed it in the cart and started walking and pulling the cart.

"I got it," I said and started pushing it for her.

"Thank you," She smiled. "You're such a gentleman."

"What can I say, my mom taught me well."

She laughed, that heartwarming, amazing laugh. We passed by a couple of aisles. Helen took several posters of different bands.

"Lets go to the music section," Helen said.

"Okay," I said and followed her. We were around the corner when I hear Ashton's loud giggle.

"Was that Ashton?" Helen asked.

"Yea," I laugh.

"Oh my god! I love his giggles, he has like 2,279 different laughs," She says.

"He does!" I exclaim and we both burst out laughing. I followed Helen as she walked towards the guys.

"Hey Lukey and Ash," She says.

"Hi Helen," Luke said. "And Calum." He looked at me and laughed.

"Calum when did you become so boyfriend material?" Ashton asked laughing.

"Hey don't make fun of him, he is just being nice," Helen defended and slapped Luke's arm. Helen started looking at different CDs. She picked out The 1975, Green Day, Coldplay, Fall Out Boy, and Maroon 5.

"I love this album," I said pointing to the Green Day CD.

"I've never listened to the whole album, just a few songs," Helen said. "Alright, I'm ready."

"Yea, me too." Luke said.

Helen's eyes landed on a CD and they went wide. "Usher's CD!" She snatched it and looked at it. She placed it in the cart, "Alright lets go."

"Where is Michael?" Ashton asked.

"Right here!" We heard Michael, behind us. We turned around as he skid a corner and ran towards us.

"Michael did you rob that game?" Helen asked.

"No, why?" Michael asked confused.

"Then why were you running?" Helen asked.

"I though you guys left me," Michael replied.

"We'd never leave you Mikey," Helen said.

"Alright lets go."

We went to the checkout and bought all our things.