Chapter 44 : Rage

| Luke |

I slammed my fist to the wall on my right and let out an angered scream.

"Whoa, man!" Calum said.

"Luke, what's wrong? Calm down!" Ashton said.

"He hurt her!" I yelled. "He fucking hurt her!"

"Who hurt her, Luke?" Michael asked.

"Who is she?" Ashton asked.

"He hurt her and she lied! She hid it from me!" I walked past them and punched another wall. Harder this time. My knuckled stung and blood oozed from my split wounds.

How hard did he hit her for her to have that bruise? Did his knuckles bleed after he was done with her? A wave of sadness washed over me and I slammed my back against the wall. I slid down as tears fell from my eyes.

"Luke," Ashton said kneeling by my side, "What's wrong? What happened? Talk to us. We have never seen you like this before. Ever."

"You were right Ashton," I said.

"Right about what?" He asked.

I looked up at him and took a shaky breath, "He did hit her."

I paused.

"Brad hit Helen."

Ashton squeezed his eyes shut. When he opened them again, there was sadness in them.

"That son of a bitch made a bruise on my sister's stomach," I said and looked at Calum.

He clenched his jaw and his eyes had a mixture of sadness and anger.

"So that's what she didn't want to tell you," Michael whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"When we went to get pizzas, the day you called Brad, when your sister and I went to get the pizzas, she looked nervous. Scared even. I knew she was hiding something from you, so I asked her that she can tell me. And she was about to but then the guy called us up. I didn't know she was hiding that," Michael explained.

"I can't believe she was hiding this from me. Why wouldn't she tell me? Did she think I would hit her like Brad did?" I asked.

Ashton swallowed, "Luke, you should know, that Helen used to self-harm. Her wrists have scars on them, mate."

I closed my eyes and brought my knees to my chest. I let the tears fall, not caring what they would think. But I knew they would never judge me.

My poor sister. She has been through hell in California. But this is Australia. And I am not going to let her go through that again.

I will protect her at all costs.

| Calum |

That douche bag laid a finger on Helen?! Who would do such a thing to a sweet beautiful girl?

Luke is so broken, his heart must be shattered.

I'll admit when Luke came in and punched the wall with a look of fury, I thought he was going to beat my ass.

"Does she have bruises?" Michael asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yea, she has a huge blue bruise on her stomach. All over her rib cage," Luke explained.

He wasn't that angry, but he was sad.

"So that must mean he kicked her," Ashton said.

"Not helping," Luke said.

I agree. If I ever see Brad, I'll probably murder him.

"Sorry, Luke," Ashton apologized.

"I just...I just can't believe someone would hurt her that much," Luke said.

"Yea, we understand Luke," I said.

"I should get back home. I left Helen in her room. I ran out of the house, I didn't know what to say and I didn't want her to see me like this," Luke said.

"Let's get you home," Michael said.

"Yea we'll go with you, mate," I said

"Calum's right, we'll all go. We want to be there for you and Helen, especially her. She is probably going through a lot right now," Ashton said.

I want to make sure Helen is okay. And to let her know I am there for her and will never ever hurt her. Damn, I'm crazy for this girl. She is pure perfection in my eyes.

And I am determined to get a date with her. Today or tomorrow.