Chapter 22 : We Race Shopping Carts

| Calum |

We were outside the store, we all had out things in the cart and I was pushing it towards Luke's car.

"Hey Helen, hop in the cart," I said.

She didn't hesitate and climbed in. She was kneeling and had her hands place on the front.

Michael got another cart, "Luke get in." Luke did, though he didn't really fit, having those long ass legs. "Race you there."

"Fine," I said. Ashton started the countdown and I got ready.

"We better win, Calum," Helen said.

"We will," I reply.

"Go!" Ashton yelled.

I started pushing the cart with all my strength. I had my foot on the cart and the other was on the ground, pushing forward. I looked back and Luke and Michael were gaining on us. I put both feet on the gound and beagn running and pushing.

"Come on Calum, you could do this!" Helen shouted.

I hopped on the cart and let gravity do the work. I looked back, Michael and Luke were behind. I laughed.

"We did it!" I yelled.

"Calum!" Helen squeaked.

Before I could look forward, I felt the cart crash into something. My body lurched forward, almost falling on top of Helen. I opened my eyes and she was sprawled on the cart.

"Helen!" I said.

"I see the light," She said quietly.

"Well we did crash into a light pole," I reply.

She burst out laughing and sat up. The guys ran towards us.

"Are you guys okay?" Luke asked.

"Yea," Helen and I both said before laughing.

I helped Helen out of the car, then placed her back on the ground. We put the things back in the trunk and got in the car.

"Where do we go now?" Helen asked.

"I'm hungry," Michael said.

"Me too," We all say in unison.

"Okay, what do we eat?" I asked.

"Pizza!" Michael and Helen yell in unison.

They look at each other and laugh.

"I like the way you think, Mikey," Helen said.

We arrived at the Pizzeria and everyone got out. When we walking in, everyone was staring at us.

"Why the fuck are they staring at us?" Helen asked.

"Whoa, calm down, Helen," Ashton said.

"It just pisses me off when people stare," She replied.

"Yea, its annoying as fuck," Luke agreed.

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" The cashier asked.

"What kind of pizza are you guys going to want?" Helen asked.

"Pepperoni," Me, Luke and Michael said.

"Cheese," Ashton said.

"Okay, can we get two pepperoni, one cheese and one Hawaiian pizza, please," Helen said.

"Would you like jalapenos on the Hawaiian?"

"Hell yeah!" Helen exclaimed.

"Okay, what's your name?"

"I'm Helen and," She put her arm around Luke and Michael, "These are my bitches."

"Uh, should I put that on the name I will call for the pizzas?" The boy asked.

"Well, Jared you are right, put down Helen, Luke, Mikey, Cal, and Ash," Helen replied.

"How do you know my name?" Jared asked.

"Name tag," Helen replied.

"Oh," The boy blushed. We all pitched in to buy the pizzas.

"They will be ready in 15 minutes," Jared said.

"Thank you," Helen said with a smile. We walked out and she groaned, "What are we going to do in 15 minutes?"

"Stop complaining and get in the car," Luke said. We did as he said and silently in the car.

"Luke pop the trunk," Helen said breaking the silence. She crawled over me to get out. She got up and disappeared. I heard the trunk slam shut and Helen came back with her Usher CD. She climbed over me to get in, her butt was momentarily in my face, for about 6 seconds. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda enjoyed it.

"Helen, get your ass out of Calum's face," Luke said.

"Oh God, I'm sorry Calum!" She said , blushed and lunged for her seat.

Luke was staring at me in the rear view mirror, but I only saw his eyes so I wasn't sure if he was mad or smiling. Helen handed the CD to Luke and he put it in the car player. Luke skipped to the fifth song. It was 'U Got It Bad'.

"I love this song," Helen said. I was familiar with it, i sometimes listened to Usher. We all started singing along.

Oh, no, no, no ,no, no....

When you feel it in your body, You found somebody who makes you change your ways, Like hanging with you crew. said you act like you're ready, but you don't really know And everything in your past- you wanna let it go. I've been there, done it, fucked around. After all that-this is what I found. Nobody want to be alone. If you're touched by the words in this song, then baby...U got, u got it bad, when you're on the phone. Hand up and you call right back U got, u got it bad If you miss a day without your friend, your whole life's off track. You know you got it bad when you're stuck in the house, You don't wanna have fun, it's all you think about. U got it bad when you're out with someone, but you keep on thinkin about somebody else. U got it bad

When the song ended we all stayed silent.

"Usher is cool," Ashton said.

"Yep," Helen agreed.

"Has it been 15 minutes yet?" Michael asked.

"No," I said checking my phone. Michael grunted.

"Lets play truth or dare," Helen said.