Chapter 68 : New Songs

| Helen |

I sat on the old couch in Michael's garage. I was waiting for the guys to get ready.

I heard Ashton lightly tap his drums with his drum sticks.

Michael strung his guitar.

"can you hear me?" Luke asked into the mic.

I nodded.

I heard the deep melody from Calum's bass.

He was really good at playing the bass. He gave it a specific growl that I found very hot.

"Okay, we're are going to sing Independence Day first," Luke said.

"Wait, Helen, first let us tell you that this song is not about you and Calum is not breaking up with you," Michael said.

I raised an eyebrow, confused. I looked at Calum.

"It's true, this song isn't about you babe, don't get the wrong impression," Calum assured.

"Okay," I said slowly.

"You're going to ruin the song," Ashton said.

"Right, ready. Go." Luke agreed.

Ashton introduced the song with his drums. Next the guitars followed.

The music produced by the instruments blared from the speakers.

Luke stepped up to the mic and began to sing.

"You're telling me the same old story, that I need to change. If you're not living my life for me, you make it feel that way. You know, you know, we're losing control I gotta break away but nothing's gonna change. You got to go its the end of the road, no matter what you do or say. Baby, you're not what I need."

Ashton banged his drums.

"I'm over this, I'm over you. I'm not gonna waist my life way, This is my Independence Day. I'm moving on, there's not excuse, and I can't take away your pain. This is my Independence Day."

Michael followed with his guitar and Calum with his bass.

"This is my Independence Day."

Next Calum stepped up to the mic.

"And suddenly my picture's looking perfect, since you're not in the frame. And deep down I never meant to hurt you, but you're the one to blame. You know, you know, we're losing control. Before it's too late, I'm making my escape. Now that I'm gone, you're on your own, no matter what you do or say. Baby, you're not what I need."

Luke and Michael joined in.

"I'm over this, I'm over you. I'm not gonna waste my life away, this is my Independence Day. I'm moving on, there's no excuse and I can't take way you're pain, this is my Independence Day."

Luke went solo.

"Wouldn't it be nice if it could of worked out right for us, I know we'd fight for all we had. But it didn't feel right, hearts on our sleeves we lost tonight, and there's no looking back."

Michael had a guitar solo, with drums of course.

Calum grabbed the mic.

"I'm over this, I'm over you. I'm not gonna waste my life away, this is my Independence Day. I'm moving on there's no excuse and I can't take away you're pain, this is my Independence Day."

Luke took over.

"Wouldn't it be nice, if it could of worked out right for us and there's no looking back. This is my Independence Day. This is my Independence Day."