Chapter 36 : Rebecca Pushes My Limits

| Helen |

I was dreaming about meeting my favorite YouTuber, when Luke came barging into my room.

"Helen! Wake up! It's late!" He shouted.

"Hmm?" I asked lifting my head from my pillow.

"WAKE UP!!" He shouted again.

I checked my phone, the screen read 7:18 am.

"Oh shit!" I said sitting up.

"School starts in 30 minutes! Get up!" Luke said.

"Alright, I'm awake!"

Luke left my room and I ran towards my closet. I slipped on a Green Day muscle tee, black skinny jeans, and put my black Converse on. I quickly brushed my hair, teeth and washed my face. Thank god it's Friday!

"Let's go!" Luke yelled from downstairs.

"I'm comings!" I shouted back and grabbed my backpack.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed an apple. I quickly pecked my mom's cheek.

"Bye, Mom," I said over my shoulder.

"Hurry up, kids!" Mom said.

I jumped into Luke's car.

"Go!" I said.

"No kidding, genius," Luke said and drove off.

"Do you think we'll have time to go get something to eat?" I asked.

"Maybe. If we get a smoothie," Luke replied.

"Good enough," I said.

We ended up getting two large Jumba Juice. I sipped the smoothie as we arrived at school.

"School started, 10 minutes ago," Luke said checking the time on his phone.

"We're good," I said.

We got out of the car and walked towards our first class.

"Got a text from Ashton, asking where we are," Luke said locking his phone and slipped it in his back pocket.

"I freaking love Jumba Juice," I said.

"Same here," Luke replied.

We reached class and Luke opened the door. I stepped inside and Luke followed. The whole class was staring at us. Some raised eyebrows, others smirks. Rebecca was glaring at me.

"Luke and Helen, can you explain why you two are late?" Mrs. Dawn asked.

"We woke up late," Luke replied.

She raised and eyebrow.

"Mrs. Dawn, if you we were going to ditch don't you think we would have done it already?" I asked.

"And, they would have taken us with them," Michael said from the back of the class. I smirked at him as everyone turned their heads towards the red headed boy.

"Yep, we'd never forget you," Luke said and pointed towards Mikey.

"Please, go to your seats and stop disrupting the class," Mrs. Dawn said.

"Yes, ma'am," I said. And Luke pushed me forward.

I walked towards my seat and plopped down. I smiled to Calum.

"Why are you guys late?" Calum asked whispering.

"We woke up late," I said.

"Oh," He replied.

I was walking to my fourth period class when Rebecca walked up to me.

"You were here for only a week and you manage to piss me off," She spat.

"I mean, it's not my fault," I reply.

"Look, just step away from Luke, you are not the girl for him."

I wanted to laugh, she still thinks me and Luke are dating. I decided to go along with it.

"And what, you are?" I asked.

"If you don't end your relationship with Luke, I'll make your life a living hell."

"Oh, honey, you better get used to me, because I'll be around for a long time," I reply.

Rebecca knocked the book I had out of my hands.

"Really?" I asked annoyed. I bent over and picked the book up. She slapped the books from my hands again and gave me a shove.

"Don't ever touch me, again," I said.

"Or what?" She asked and shoved me again.

My temper is like concrete, if you hit it once it won't crack, but if you hit it repeatedly, it will eventually crack and so will I.

Everyone in the hallway stopped and stared at us, seeing what will happen next.

"Or what?" Rebecca asked again. "Are you going to hit me?"

I'm not about to throw the first punch and get in trouble. If she wants to, she can.

I suddenly felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek. I realized Rebecca slapped me.

"Hey!" I heard Luke say. "What the fuck, Rebecca?"

"Luke! Sweetheart," Rebecca said.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked me.

"Never been better," I replied through gritted teeth.

"Luke don't worry about her. I'm way better than her," Rebecca said and turned Luke towards her.

Luke shoved her hands away. "Rebecca, we will never be together, when will you get that through your head? You are not the girl for me, and never will be."

Rebecca stares at Luke mouth slightly ajar. She pulls her hand back and slaps Luke across the face. Anger swells in my chest.

I got between Luke and Rebecca. "Don't ever touch my brother ever again!"

"Brother?" He asked shocked.

"Yes, he's my brother," I reply. "And don't ever touch me or my brother ever again."

"Calm down, Helen," Luke said.

"You want me to calm down after that bitch just slapped you?!" I asked yelling.

"One more thing," Rebecca said.

I turned and that's when her fist connected with my jaw, and my anger exploded.