Chapter 62 : Invitation

| Helen |

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I lifted my head off the pillow and squinted, trying to avoid the light from making direct contact to my eyes.

My phone alarm was blaring that annoying noise. I groaned.

I reached over and hit the snooze and rubbed my eyes. Ugh, waking up early was the worst part of school.

Halfway through the dreaded week, it's currently Wednesday, and next week we'll be off for winter break.

Finally!

Three weeks off!

That thought brightened me up a little bit and I sat up. I crawled out of bed, literally, I didn't feel like walking. I finally reached my door and got out.

I shuffled to Luke's door and opened it, he was curled into a fetal position and was covered in his blankets. I could hear him lightly snoring.

"Luke," I said.

No response.

"Lucas."

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Luke get up," I said.

"No."

"I'd gladly skip school and just sleep, but we have a final for English."

He turned towards me.

"Get up," I repeated and left his room.

I closed the my door behind me and went to my closet. I quickly looked out the window, looks like it will be sunny all day. I decided on a Sleeping With Sirens shirt, my usual black ripped skinny jeans and black Vans.

I went into my bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face and combed my hair. I then put my hair in a high ponytail.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my backpack before walking down the stairs.

My mom was standing in the kitchen.

"Morning, Mom, why are you up so early?" I asked.

"They called me in for a meeting, said they have news for us," She replied.

"Oh, well good luck, I think," I said and frowned.

Luke bounded down the stairs.

"Good morning, Mum, why are you up?" He asked.

"I asked the same thing," I said.

"Great minds think alike," Mom said.

"That is very true," I said.

"We must be related," Luke joked.

"Only by blood," I put it.

Luke snapped and pointed a finger gun at me. I did the same.

We both quickly ate our breakfast and were out the door.

It was a slow ride to the school full of utter silence.

"Do you guys have any parties here for New Years?" I asked.

"Yea we have a few crazy parties, me and the guys get invited to them every year. We go but leave after a while," Luke replied.

"Really? I used to always go to New Years parties! Except for last year. I stayed home with Adin and a few of my friends, we got drunk. Then somehow a lot of people ended up going to my house and it turned to a huge party," I said.