Chapter 28 : Getting To Know Helen

| Calum |

"Enjoy seeing me half-naked?" Helen asked with sarcasm.

"Yes," I mumbled quietly.

"Speaking of that, we probably should not tell Luke about that," Helen said.

"Agreed."

We arrive at the restaurant and I got out. I opened Helen's door and helped her out of the car. I intertwined our fingers together, she didn't seem to mind. She smiled at me.

"Booth for two," I said to the host when we got inside.

"Right this way," she said and led us to an isolated corner. We sat across from each other.

"Any drinks?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have some orange juice, please," Helen said.

"And for the lad?" he asked me.

"Orange juice too," I said. The waiter smiled and left. Leaving us with two menus.

"So what are you going to get?" I asked.

"Not sure, maybe some pancakes. You?"

"I think some French Toast, maybe."

Later, the waiter came back with our drinks. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yes," I said.

"What can I get for you?" He asked getting out a notepad and a pen.

"What are you going to want, Helen?" I asked.

"Can I get the Pancake Sandwich please," Helen said.

"How would you like your eggs?" He asked.

"Scrambled."

"Bacon or sausage pattie?"

"Bacon."

"And for you, sir?" He asked me.

"I'll have the French Toast."

"How would you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled."

"Bacon or sausage pattie?"

"Bacon, please."

"Okay, your food will be out in a couple of minutes. He left.

"So lets get to know each other," I said.

"Well I thought you knew me pretty well," Helen said.

"Not really, all I know is that you are Luke's sister. What's your full name?"

"My full name?"

"Yea, I know Luke's full name is Lucas Robert Hemmings, but whats your full name?"

"My full name is Helen Rose Hemmings."

"That's beautiful," I said. She blushed and looked down.

"Thank you," She replied and smiled to her lap. "What's your full name?" She asked looking up at me.

"Calum Thomas Hood."

She smiled sweetly. "Aww that's cute."

I laughed.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Black, but I also like a red and a nice aqua color. What's yours?"

"Black, but also blue."

"What's your favorite animal?" She asked me.

"I like dogs, I've always wanted one."

"Aww you're a dog person. I love dogs. I have one of my own. Back in California."

"What's it's name?"

"His name is Billie Joe and he is a German Shepard. I got him when he was a couple of weeks old."

"Billie Joe? Like Billie Joe Armstrong?" I asked.

She laughed, "Yea, I thought it was cute. I was in love with Green Day when I got him."

"Its cool. Do you miss him?"

"Yea, I miss him a lot."

"When's your birthday?"

"December 26th."

"Mine's on Janurary 25th."

"So you're turning 18 right?"

"Yea."

"You excited?"

"You can say that."

"Tell me your best pickup line," She said.

"What?" I asked.

She laughed, "Tell me your best pickup line."

"Okay. If you were a fruit, you'd be a fine apple."

She burst out laughing. "Fine apple? Alright. There must be a lights witch on my forehead, cause every time I see you, you turn me on."

I laughed at her cheesy pickup line.

"That one is a little sexual," She said.

We continued talking until our food came. A waitress set our food in front of us.

"Enjoy your meal," She said with a smile, then put her attention to another set of people.

"This smells good," Helen said.

"I know, you could practically smell the eggs and bacon. Shall we?" I asked handing her a fork.

"We shall," She smiled and took her fork.

We ate in silence but it wasn't awkward, it was a nice silence that you enjoy.

"Can't believe you were chased by a cop," I said.

"Okay first of all, I wasn't chased," She defended.

"Then why did you run?" I asked.

"Well the day before, I was walking home and I said Hi to a group of people I know. they were spray painting a wall and I admired their work. So i guess a cop saw me with them and he thought I was part of their gang. But I wasn't. That's why I ran, I couldn't afford to get arrested."

"That's a very interesting story," I said then laughed. "No wonder Luke always is so protective over you."

"I can defend myself," a look of sadness passed through her. "Sometimes."

Before I can question it, she shoots me with a question.

"What else does Luke tell you about me?"

"He says you are very fragile."

"He said that? That bitch!" She exclaimed. I laughed.

I found myself staring at her for too long. She was just so breathtaking. her tan skin made her blue eyes pop. She laughed a sweet laugh, that gave me a warm feeling on the inside. Her long black hair grazed her shoulders. And her lips...her lips were plump and a light pink, even though I knew she didn't put lipstick on. I just want to kiss her.

One thing that Luke and Helen do have in common, is that they are two very good looking siblings. Luke always gets hit on by girls, and Helen gets hit on by guys.

"Why are you staring at me?" She blushed.

"Because you are gorgeous," I said.

She blushed even harder.

The waiter came with the check, "No rush," he said and left.

We finished eating.

"Okay I'm going to the bathroom real quick and we'll pay when I get back. Please, don't pay it all Calum, you'll make me feel bad." She said and got up and walked away. I watched her as she disappeared in the women's restroom. Damn.

I called the waiter and gave him the bill and money.

"I'll be back with the receipt," he said and walked off. I was left alone waiting for Helen.