Chapter 34 : I'm A Gift

| Helen |

We had stopped at McDonald's to get some food. Ate our meals there, then went to my house to pick up the box, wrapping paper, and bow, that Luke worked so hard to get. Ashton followed us in the car behind. We all got out and met in the front lawn.

"Alright, I'm going to go pick up my mum right now. Her flight is supposed to get here like around 4:30, and its 3:47 right now. So Helen go get the stuff and get outta here." Luke instructed.

I nodded and jogged towards the house. Unlocked the front door and grabbed the supplies off the couch. I carried the box outside and locked the door behind me.

"You aren't going to trip, right?" I heard Michael ask.

I had the box in front of my face so I couldn't see, but I managed to peak around it.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied.

"Okay, let's go then," Ashton said.

"Goodbye Robert," I said.

"Bye Rose," Luke replied.

I walked over to Ashton's car, put the box in and I followed. Michael sat in the back with me and Calum rode shotgun. Luke got in his car and drove off towards the airport.

Ashton started the car and started driving.

"We're going to my house," Ashton said.

"Okay," I said.

"Who's Rose?" Michael asked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Luke said 'Bye Rose' who is Rose?" He asked.

"That's my middle name," I explained.

"So should we call you Helen or Rose?" Ashton asked looking at me in the rear view mirror.

"I prefer my actual name, not m middle one," I replied.

"Aren't we sassy?" Calum asked.

"I just answered the question, dammit!" I laughed.

"And I thought Luke was a diva," Ashton said.

"We have our moments," I agree.

After a couple minutes of silence Michael spoke up.

"Can you put some damn music on? It's beginning to sound like a funeral in here."

Calum turned up the radio and 'Animals' by Maroon 5 blasted from the speakers.

'Anaconda', 'Summer,' and 'Take Me To Church' later, we arrived at Ashton's house. I got out and we followed Ashton to the front door. He opened it and gestured us to the living room.

I placed the box on the floor and sat on the comfy black couch. The living room walls were decorated with family portraits.

"Ashton are those your siblings?" I asked as I looked at the picture that showed Ashton standing behind a small girl and a boy.

"Yea, Harry and Lauren," Ashton replied with a smile.

"That's very cute," I said.

"Okay, lets get to the box wrapping," Michael said.

"Do you fit in the box?" Calum asked.

I shrugged and stepped into the box. I got in a fetal position.

"Yup, I fit."

"Okay, we'll put a small piece of tape over the top, so when your mum unwraps the box, you could easily jump out," Ashton said.