Chapter 8 : Memory

| Helen |

*FlashBack!*

It was my last week before I flew to Australia. Before I left I had to take care of something. My dad was on a business trip and my best friend, Adin wasn't with me. I heard the door bell. I walked downstairs and opened it, Brad stood there. I smiled a little. His dark brown hair was quiffed to one side, his dark green shirt matched his eyes.

"Hey babe, what did you want to talk about?' He asked in a deep voice.

"Brad, I'm moving to Australia! I'm going to live with my mom," I said with a smile.

"You're leaving and breaking up with me?" His fist balled.

"Yea, I really miss my mom and brother," Which was true but I didn't tell him I am also mainly leaving because I want to be away from Brad. "I'm sorry okay, Brad. I didn't think this would affect you that much, I thought I'd be a weight off your shoulders."

"We have been dating for almost two years! I need you to stay! We are the most popular couple at school, when you are gone, do you you how many girls will throw themselves at me?" He asked sternly.

"I don't care about popularity, Brad. I helped you climb the social ladder and now you are at the top. I don't want to be on the top anymore. If those girls throw themselves at you it's okay. Hopefully you treat them better that you treated me," I said, almost whispering the last part.

Suddenly something knocked me to the ground, pain exploded in my right cheek and i let out a yelp. I looked up and saw Brad standing over me, he looked pissed off to the max. I protected my face, but not my body. He began kicking my stomach, with each blow he knocked the air out of me. He kicked me in the ribs and stomach, each time the kicks getting harder and harder. I found it difficult to breathe. I cried and winced in pain. All my years of training didn't help me right now. I just couldn't fight against Brad, he made me weak. Finally the pain stopped and I looked up with tears in my eyes.

"Leave if you want, I am not going to care anymore, bitch," Brad said harshly. He stormed out the door and I lay there in pain. tears fell from my eyes.

"Helen, I saw Brad storm out of here-" Adin saw me laying on the ground and rushed to my side. "What happened?" He asked.

"I told Brad that I was moving and he hit me and kicked me in the ribs," I sobbed.

"Oh, Helen! We have to take you to the hospital."

"No! If my dad finds out," I paused, "Besides I'm leaving on Wednesday. I don't want my trip delayed."

Adin lifted my shirt, "Helen, you're getting a huge bruise!" I looked down and my skin was red, turning purple. I wrapped my whole torso with some cloth bandages. "I'm gonna miss you Adin," I said.

"I'm gonna miss you too Helen," he hugged me and carried my to my room. He lay me down on my bed and lay down next to me.

"let's watch PewDiePie," I said.

Adin laughed, "Like always. He turned on the TV and searched for a PewDiePie playlist. Before he hit play he rushed to the bathroom, he came back with Advil and a water bottle.

"Thank you," I said taking the medicine. He hit play and began watching. I was going to miss Adin a lot, he is a me. But i have to escape Brad.

*End Of FlashBack*