Chapter 23 : The Truth and The Dare

| Luke |

Helen suggested we play Truth or Dare.

"I'll go first," Ashton said. "Okay, Luke, truth or dare?"

"Uh, truth," I reply.

"Okay, why are you so protective over Helen?"

"Because I am her brother and she can get into trouble sometimes," I reply.

"No, I don't," Helen defended.

"What about that one time you told me your were chased by a cop?" I asked.

"You were chased by a cop?" Michael asked.

"Look, I wasn't being chased by a cop, I was out late, the cop pulled up beside me and I ran because I thought they were going to arrest he for something I didn't do," Helen corrected.

"Same thing," I mumbled.

"I'm next," Michael said. "Helen, truth or dare?"

"Dare," She said confidently.

"Okay, I dare you to give me your phone and I can look through your contacts and I can call anyone I want, with the guys of course," Michael said.

I saw Helen hesitate. She brought out her phone, unlocked it and handed it to Michael.

Michael started scrolling through the contacts.

"Who should we call Luke?" He asked me and handed me the phone. I looked through the contacts. She had me down as 'Lukey Hemmo' with the blue heart emoji. I smiled and continued scrolling.

Adin

Dadddddd

Sarah

Bryce Allen

Melissa Allen

Tommy

Melody

Cameron

Victoria

Martha

Erika

Natalia

Carla

Ashton

Mikey

Calum

Connor

Persephone

Athena

All her contacts consisted of people I didn't know. I finally came across a name that caught my attention. 'The Lying Ass Motherfuckin Ex' I didn't know she had a boyfriend, well now ex.

"Who are you going to call?" Calum asked.

"The Lying Ass Motherfuckin Ex," I said and put it on speaker phone.

"Luke, don't," Helen said. The phone rang and rang and rang. Then someone picked up.

"Oh so now you decide to call?" The guy asked in an American accent.

"Yes I actually did decide to call now," I reply.

"Who the fuck is this?" He asked.

"I could ask you the same question," I retort.

"Well if you must know, I am Helen's boyfriend," He said.

"Ex!" Helen shouted. "Brad, I broke up with you when I left California."

"Let me talk to Helen," Brad said.

"I don't want to talk to you," Helen replied.

"Who the fuck was that guy that I was talking to?" Brad asked.

"I'm her brother, you dick head," I said.

"You never told me you had a brother, Helen," Brad said.

"Was it really that important?" Helen snapped. "Look, Brad, we are over, don't tell people we are still together cause we aren't."

"I should have gotten you in bed before you left," Brad said.

He crossed the line, my chest swelled with anger. "Look you little fucker, don't ever call my sister and don't ever disrespect her, or I am going to have to go to America and beat your ass!" I yelled.

"Helen, then you shouldn't tell your brother what I did to you," Brad said, then hung up.

"What is he talking about Helen?" I asked her.

"Nothing," She said quietly.

"Bullshit," I said.

"I'll tell you when we get home," She said.

"What's wrong with now? Why can't you just tell me right now?" I asked.

"I just can't, Luke!" She screamed, her voice was shaking.

"Fine," I said. We were all silent after that. Helen and Michael got down to get the pizzas.

"What do you think Brad meant by all the things he did to Helen?" Ashton asked.

"I don't fucking know," i said. I looked at Calum, he had his jaw clenched, he was probably pissed off from the phone chat we had with Brad.

"You don't think he?" Ashton trailed off.

He didn't need to finish the sentence for me to know what he was going to say.

"But he couldn't have done that, he said he wished he would have gotten her in bed before she left," Calum said.

"Only she knows," I said.

His name sounded familiar, like I heard it somewhere before, but I don't know where. What did he do to Helen, and why wouldn't she tell me?