Chapter 31 : Gotta get Out

| Helen |

We arrived at Michael's house. Calum appeared shortly after.

"Alright all, this is my house, obviously," Michael said.

He walked to the front door and unlocked it. He opened it and motioned for us to go inside.

We shuffled inside. It was a very cute home. The living room had different pictures of Michael as a baby.

"Aww, Mikey you made such an adorable baby!" I said.

Michael snorted, "Thanks."

"Michael is that you?" A women's voice asked.

"Yea, mum," Michael called out.

Michael's mother appeared from the kitchen, she hugged Michael.

"Hello boys," she said.

"Hi Karen," Ash said.

They all got a hug and she noticed me standing there.

'Who is this young lady?" She asked.

"Hello, Mrs. Clifford, my name is Helen Hemmings, I'm Luke's sister," I said and stuck my hand out.

She shook it and smiled, "Sweetie call me Karen. But Hemmings? You and Luke look nothing alike, except for the blue eyes of course."

"We've been told but we are siblings," Luke said.

"I can see that," She said.

"Well mum, Helen came here to see us play," Michael said.

"Okay, do on do your thing," Karen said and smiled.

"Lets go guys," Michael said and led us our of the kitchen.

"It was nice meeting you Karen," I smiled.

"Nice meeting you too, Helen," She replied sweetly.

I followed the guys.

"Michael your mom is so nice," I said.

"I know," Michael replied.

We walked down a flight of stairs and into a medium sized garage. There was a brown beaten up old couch, a drum kit, two electric guitars, a bass, and a few acoustic guitars. Three microphones where plugged to some amplifiers.

"This is our stage," Calum announced.

"Nice," I said.

'We don't usually have an audience, except for our parents. And that one time we played the Annadale Hotel, but there were only 12 people." Luke said.

"Well now you got me, so let me hear ya play," I plopped down on the couch and waited as they got ready.

Calum picked up the bass, Luke and Michael got their guitars, and Ashton pulled out his drumsticks.

Luke fixed the microphone stand. They plugged in their guitars.

"Alright, this song is called 'Gotta Get Out'," Luke's voice echoed from the small amplifier.

"WOO!" I cheered.

The beginning guitar strong started playing and Luke began to sing.

Even when the sky is falling down, Even when the earth is crumbling around my feet. Even when we try to say goodbye, you can cut the tension with a knife in here. Cause I know what'll happen if we get through this. And itt the earth ends up crumbling down to it's knees baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out. And if these skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby, we just gotta get out, we just gotta get out.