Chapter 51 : Luke In Control

| Helen |

I was sitting at the door, my back pressed against it. My fingertips grazed the spot that Calum's lip touched. I was still in my dress and was replaying the night in my head. Our conversation, actions, and my feelings.

Suddenly the lights turned on and I jumped slightly.

"Well, well, look who is back," Luke said. He was sitting on the living room couch, next to a lamp. He wore black sweats and a black plain shirt.

"Oh, Hi, Luke," I said and quickly stood up.

His eyebrow arched, "You are thirty minutes late."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, please, I don't have a curfew."

"Yea you do."

"Mom didn't say I need to be back by a certain time," I said.

"Well, I said you had to be back by ten."

"You never said that. Now stop playing the 'Dad' card."

"I know, just trying to have some fun," He snorted.

"You buttface," I said.

"Hey, you're my only sister, I'm going to mess with the guys that ask you out on a date."

"Yea, but Calum is your friend," i said.

"Even better excuse for me to do it."

"Oh gosh."

"Where did he take you?"

"Luke, do I really need to go into details? Do i really need to tell you about everything? The food? The movie? The cliff?"

"he took you to The Cliff?"

"If by The Cliff you mean the ridge over looking the city? Then yes he took me there." I replied.

"Didn't know he was that romantic," Luke said.

"Is Mom home?" I asked.

"Yea, she wanted me to stay up and wait for you, in case you forgot your key. I'm glad I did, or else I wouldn't have seen that little show you two put on."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I saw that he kissed you," Luke replied.

I laughed nervously.

"I admit I was in shock and a little, just a little, mad Calum would kiss you on the first date. But don't worry I'm not going to murder him, if that is what you are worried about."

I sighed in relief and Luke laughed.

"Got myself into this when I gave Calum permission for you two to date. And I'm sure tonsil hockey goes with dating, right?"

I felt my face get hot.

"Thanks Luke, you managed to embarrass me in front only one person," I said.

He laughed, "Sorry."

"Its okay. Well I am going to go to sleep." I said.

I walked towards the stairs and started walking up. Luke turned off the lights and followed.

I heard a loud thump followed by a grunt.

"Fuck," Luke said.

I turned on the flashlight on my phone and turned around. Luke was sprawled on the stairs.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I fell, damnit," he replied.

"That's what happens when you have long ass legs," I said.

"Shut up."

I laughed, "Are you okay?"

"yea," he said and got up.

"Don't grab onto me, cause if you fall again, you are going to bring me down with you."

"Wow, so glad I can trust you," he said with sarcasm.

"Good night, Luke," I whispered.

"Night, Helen," He whispered back and walked into his room. I opened my bedroom door and closed it lightly behind me.

I took my dress off and slipped on some black shorts and an old AC/DC shirt.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I combed my hair and climbed into bed.

I put my earbuds in and played 'Heart Out' by The 975. I relaxed as I tried to fall asleep.