Chapter 7 : I Crawled Out Of Hell

| Helen |

Calum and I walked through the halls and entered class, we sat in the back. The teacher began the lesson. I already learned this so I quickly understood. I saw that Calum was having trouble. I explained it to him, since Mrs. Woods wasn't very good at explaining. I looked over the problem.

"Oh, I see what you did wrong, the rest of the math is okay, it's just when you multiply, you multiply these two numbers, not these," I said pointing to the problem.

"Oh, I get it, thanks Helen," Calum said.

"No problem, Cal," I replied and smiled.

The guy in front of me turned around, he had brown hair, green eyes and a handsome face. He wore a football jersey, he smiled and showed brilliant white teeth.

"Hey there gorgeous," he said in a deep Australian voice.

"Hi," I said quite annoyed.

"Is this guy bothering you?" he asked pointing to Calum.

"No, actually he was not bothering me at all, the real person bothering me it you," I growled.

"Oh, I see you are playing hard to get," He said.

"I'm not playing hard to get, I am hard to get," I snapped back.

"Maybe to Travis you are, but to me, I'll eventually get you."

"Yea, I'd like to see you try," I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Ethan, can you please leave Helen alone and pay attention," Mr. Woods said. I threw Mr.Woods a sign of thank you with my hand. He smiled and nodded.

"Maybe Luke was wrong, maybe you don't need protection," Calum whispered in my ear. It sent chills down my spine. I can protect myself against verbal abuse, not so much physical. It depends of course.

The bell rang and I got up and gathered my things.

"Ready?" Calum asked me.

"Yea," I said and walked out of class. We were going to turn a corner when Calum stopped.

"Calum?" I asked getting worried, I looked up at him.

"Fuck, I forgot my notebook in the classroom," he said.

"i'll wait here while you get it," I said.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay," he said walked back to the classroom. I turned a corner and spotted Luke's Car across the campus, I decided to stay put. I saw Luke, Michael and Ashton getting out of the car. They didn't see me, I waved my hands in the air before a figure blocked my view. I looked up, and sighed. A guy with a blue button down shirt stared down at me. His hair was messy and he was quite handsome with his black eyes.

"Hey gorgeous, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" He asked.

"No, but it did hurt when I crawled out of Hell," I said with a wicked smile. By now Calum was beside me..

"Back off, John," Calum said getting between me and John. He held my hand protectively.

"What are you going to do about it Hood?" John asked.

"Don't go near her ever again, got me?" Calum asked in a stern voice.

"Calm down, Cal," I said.

John shoved him, Luke stood next to Calum.

"Got a problem Summers?" Luke asked.

"Yea, your friend wont let me talk to the new girl," John snapped.

"And I don't want you talking to her either," Luke said.

Ash and Michael stood next to me.

"I don't want you talking to me either," I spoke up.

"You see? Now don't ever talk, look, or even touch her, got me? She is off limits," Luke said dangerously calm.

"What are you her boyfriend?" John asked.

"I'm her brother, and if you ever disrespect her ever, I swear you won't hear the end of it," Luke said.

John's eyes went wide and he backed off.

"Are you Okay?" Luke asked turning to me and gripping my shoulders.

"That's the third guy today, this year is gonna be so long," I groaned.

"Alright, let's get you back to the car," Michael said.

We all walked towards the car, Luke and Calum in the front Ashton, Michael and I in the back. I was in the middle. They played music as we drove back home, I was thinking of other things.