Book One; Chapter 1

Aria's POV

This was the moment I have been waiting for. The envelope was sitting right in front of me.

Okay Aria, it's either an acceptance or a rejection. Rejection. I despise that word. When ever I hear it or see it on a piece of paper, it feels like being stabbed in the heart. But there is no other subtle way to say it, right?

My heart was pounding a mile a minute. Anxiety was coursing through my veins.

What if I'm not accepted? What am I going to do? This is the closest I've ever been to making it in the music industry. I want this so badly and I will do anything in order to make a living out of performing. I could finally become an artist and do what I love every single day: sing. This is my ticket to do so.

As I contemplated whether to open it or not, a voice inside my head spoke to me. If you don't open it now, you will never know. "Screw it," I mumbled. I ripped open the envelope tearing it in various ways and pulled out a letter inside. I took a deep breath and unfolded it.

"Congratulations! You have been accepted to be a camper at the highly competitive preforming arts program Camp One Direction! We were very impressed with your audition. We look forward to having you at our camp! The information enclosed in this letter will help with your arrival, stay, and departure!"

That was all I needed to read.

I jumped up and down and squealed. Holy crap, this is not real. Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me! I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Mom! I got accepted! I got accepted!"

My dreams are going to come true! I ran upstairs to greet my mother. "I am so proud of you, honey!" my mom came to hug me. "This is your shot. You will do great, Aria," she said while her arms were still wrapped around me. As I pulled away, I heard a slight sniffle come from her.

"Mom, are you crying?" I put a hand on her shoulder.

She nodded, "I'm sorry. I'm just so proud of you. After everything you've been through," she continued.

"Shh...It's okay," I pulled her in for a hug again.

I cannot I am going to a performing arts camp with One Direction and SImon Cowell. This is going to be the best summer ever!

Harry's POV

This is going to be the worst summer ever.

"But why do I have to do this?!" I yelled at Simon.

"You signed a contract. And part of your contract is to mentor at this performing arts camp," he said.

I looked around at the other boys who were sitting on a sofa and staring at me with wide eyes.

"Come on Harry, It will be fun," Niall assured me.

"No it won't! It's summer! I don't want to waste my time mentoring these stupid wannabes! I just want some fucking time off!" I argued.

"Calm down. I think you are overreacting," Simon said. I just gritted my teeth and shook my head.

"Harry, think of this as time off. We will be on a lake together, having a good time. There will be no paparazzi or screaming fans," Liam added.

"I'm not doing this," I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Fine, then I guess I will just have to cut the contract...everything will go away," Simon warned. "No more fancy cars, nice clothes, and adoring women. You will be irrelevant."

I paused for a moment and let out a sigh. "Fine," I grumbled thinking about the luxuries that I would lose by screwing this up. "But it will be hell. I'll go but I am not doing anything once I get there."

"Stop being stubborn Harry. A summer away from everything is something you need. You will thank me later," Simon said as he cleaned up some papers on his desk.

I rolled my eyes in response. This is absolutely ridiculous. I just want to have some time off to chill out. I am starting to get burnt out with all this work. Touring the world is great and all, but at the end of the day I need to rest.

"Something about you has changed, Harry. You were never like this." Louis said with concern.

I just rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Bullshit." And with that I dramatically stormed out.

A whole summer full of nobodies? No, thank you. I'd prefer to spend my time with those are accomplished.

* * * *

A/N

HEY EVERYONE! Thanks for even clicking on this story! ily! :)