Book Two; Chapter 2

Aria's POV

I hopped into my car on the way home from the set of the studio. The Ellen Show was about two weeks ago and everything has been fine since then. I turned up the radio a bit when Royals came on. I absolutely love this song! This time, I turned the radio up all the way and sang along with the song.

"BLOOD STAINS, BALL GOWNS, TRASHING A HOTEL ROOM WE DON'T CARE" I belted out, not caring at ALL.

Moments later, the radio stopped playing in the middle of the song. I was getting a call through my blue tooth. I hit "answer" on my steering wheel.

"Hello?"

"Aria! Hi, it's Jimmy!" Jimmy was my manager.

"Hey Jimmy! What's up?"

"Well, I will have you know that I have Great news for you.."

"What is it?!" I asked jumping out of my seat, even though he couldn't see me.

"As you know, the Teen Choice Awards are next week..."

"Yes...."

"And they called and asked if you wanted to perform your new single on the show! Live!"

"Oh my God YES yes yes a million times yes!!" I said practically driving off the road. I didn't care I was too excited.

Jimmy laughed at me "I'm guessing you're in?"

"Oh hell yes" I responded.

"Okay well we will fly down to LA tomorrow afternoon so we can start rehearsals there. I got our plane tickets already. Our flight leaves at 1:10 p.m." He told me.

"Okay I'm so excited!!"

"I'm so proud of you Sweety!" I could tell he was smiling through the phone. He was like the father I've never had. My father left a while ago. Even though I haven't known Jimmy my whole life, he's always been there for me.
"Okay I better go before I crash. I will talk to you tomorrow morning."

"Okay sounds good. See you then Aria" I hit "end call" and drove on my way. I was so excited. I cannot believe that I was going to get to perform on the Teen Choice Awards in four days!!! I cranked the radio up again. Regretting it soon after......

"Taylor Ellis sure is making her way into the music business, with her new album Speak Now hitting number one on the charts, Taylor is becoming more and more successful every day."

Ugh.

"She would never be this famous or successful without her secret boyfriend, Harry Styles. The two were seen out together last night, holding hands and stealing kisses."

That broke me.

"Enough talk, let's hear Taylor's number one hit single! Here it is!"

I was debating on whether I should change it or not. I decided to listen just for a second.

Uh, oh, oh
Uh, oh, oh

You were in college working part time waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say "Can you believe it?
As we're lying on the couch?"
The moment I can see it.
Yes, yes, I can see it now.

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time.
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter.
You are the best thing that's ever been mine.