Book Two; Chapter 4

RECAP:

"Well, maybe this will make up your mind."

He put one hand on my cheek as the other stroked my soaking wet hair, and he kissed me. He kissed me. I repeat, he kissed me.

The worst part?

I kissed back.

I immediately pulled away from our kiss, after realizing how wrong this was. Harry scanned my eyes, looking for an answer.

“I-I’m sorry. I can’t do this.”

Harry’s expression soon turned into disappointment.

“Wh-why? Why can’t you?”

“Did you really just fucking ask that? You’re such a dumbass, Harry,” I harshly snapped.

He ran his hand through his soaking wet hair, “I just want you to know that I have feelings for you still. They were always there, Aria. I wasn’t pretending.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Just leave, Harry. I don’t care. I don’t want to be a part of your little game anymore. Just go.”

“No, I am not going to leave you out here all alone.”

“Fine, then I will leave,” I huffed and went to go up to the door. I pushed and pulled, but it wouldn’t budge.

“Looks like we’re stuck out here.” He smirked, “There’s no other way in. And besides, you are going to go back to your seat, soaking wet?”

He’s right.

I huffed and plopped down on the ground. The rain was starting to lighten up a bit, but I was still soaked to the bone.

“Aria, you are shivering,” he took off his tuxedo jacket and handed it to me, “here, take this.”

I shook my head and refused to look at him.

“Please listen to me,” he pleaded. I didn’t say anything so he started to talk. “I really do have feelings for you. That kiss…” he trailed off.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t trust you.”

“Wh-what can I do to gain that trust? For me, and for us?”

“Absolutely nothing, because there is no us. Besides, you are with Taylor, and you just cheated on her with me.”

“But Aria, I want to be with you.”

“First off, I don’t want to be with you. Second, you can’t just go from girl to girl, contemplating on who you want to be with.”

“I’m not trying to go from girl to girl! I want to be with you Aria, because I fucking love you! Taylor is still blackmailing me, God damn it!” he raised his voice a little too loud.

“I don’t care, if you really loved me, you wouldn’t have let any of this happen. You are a freaking idiot,” I huffed.

“So, I guess it’s a no, huh? A no to us?”

“What do you think?” I snapped.

“I just want you to know, I will never stop trying. Never.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” I let out a dry laugh, “do you even hear yourself right now? You can’t just say things like that, you are with Taylor!”

“I-I”

“Oh, and another thing. Remember at camp when I said that you are much different than what the media depicts you as? Well I take that back. You really are the womanizer and heartbreaker you are made out to be.”