Book One; Chapter 35

“And we danced all night to the best song ever, we knew every line, now I can’t remember how it goes but I know that I won’t forget her,” Harry winked at me.

They boys were opening up Final Jam by performing their new single Best Song Ever, and I was performing next. Just my luck that I would be going first.

I took in a deep breath. I fixed my dress and ran my hands through my hair.

“It was the best song ever…”

Oh shit, they just ended. As soon as they started to come off the stage, I found Perrie, Eleanor, and Danielle. They ran up and hugged me. “I can’t do this, I am way too nervous,” I whispered. Shit. Fuck.

“Aria, there is no turning back now. You will do great I promise,” Eleanor hugged me tighter.

We pulled away from our group hug and I turned to face the stage. Harry passed me as he was coming off. “Good luck, love,” and he gave me a quick kiss on the lips, “You are going to kill it.”

I headed to the main stage door and stood as the side stage. I took a quick peak of the number of people in the audience. Holy shit, that is a lot of people. I don’t think I have ever been this nervous before.

A stage manager handed me a guitar, okay this is real shit. Let’s do this.

My name was called and I headed out onstage to a microphone stand. It was pitch black, no one was supposed to see me yet. All you could hear were my tiny footsteps.

I took in a deep breath and blinding lights shown on me. I looked out at the audience and saw my friends with the One Direction boys. Niall gave me a thumbs up. I smiled back at him.

(A/N I put a similar performance on the side. Check it out!)

I started to strum on my guitar and then I started to sing my heart out.

Now you were standing there right in front of me
I hold on it's getting harder to breathe
All of a sudden these lights are blinding me
I never noticed how bright they would be

I saw in the corner there is a photograph
No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you
It lies there alone in its bed of broken glass
This bed was never made for two

I'll keep my eyes wide open
I'll keep my arms wide open

That’s when the bass, the drums, and piano kicked in. this truly sounded amazing. I feel like a real artist right now.

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

I kept on singing. I was feeling more comfortable now. This actually isn’t so bad. I looked into the audience and they were all smiling and cheering. I made eye contact with Harry and he was singing along.

I promised one day that I'd bring you back a star
I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand oh
Seems like these days I watch you from afar
Just trying to make you understand
I'll keep my eyes wide open yeah

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone
Don't let me
Don't let me go

Here goes the high note.

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Killed it.

Don't let me
Don't let me
Don't let me go
'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me
Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone

I finished the song and looked out at the crowd. Wow. This is truly amazing, they were going crazy. I don’t know what I was so nervous about.

The lights dimmed and I was escorted off stage.

This is what I want to do forever. I absolutely need to win this.

*

*

*

*

* * * * *

A/N

Hey everyone! heres a quick update! I am home sick from school, so I decided to write.

I would appreciate feedback!

thank you!

please comment and vote! ily all!

btw, new cover!! do ya like??