Book One; Chapter 9

"Aria! Wake up or we are going to be late!" Dani said as she shook my shoulder.

I let out a huge whine, "No."

"Yes," she said, "Get up you lazy ass!"

I finally opened my eyes and saw she was the only one in the cabin.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"They are all at breakfast, now hurry up!" She warned me.

I rolled out of bed and slipped off my sweatpants. I was only in my underwear, but it didn't really matter. We were both girls.

"So what did you do last night while we were at the camp fire jam?" she asked me while waiting for me to get changed.

"Um..." was all I could say. I smiled to myself thinking about last night. Harry and I shared so many kisses, he just made me feel so good about myself. I didn't know if I should tell her what I did... Oh, what the heck, might as well.

"I kinda snuck out..." I said sheepishly. I rummaged through my bag looking for a pair of jean shorts. Ah! here they are! I slipped them on.

"Aria!" she scolded me, "You are lucky that you didn't get caught! Simon can be really strict."

"Eh...It was worth it..." I smiled thinking about my night at the lake with Harry. He was so good to me, telling me I was beautiful. No boy has called me beautiful before.

"Don't tell me you were with Harry..." she sounded worried.

"Uh...I was..." I admitted. I threw off my t-shirt that I wore to bed, and was standing there in my bra.

"Oh God, what did you guys do?" she asked.

I saw a pink tank top in my bag. I snatched it up and threw it over my head.

"Well we just hung out at the lake and I kind of kissed him a bit, no big deal," I said to her smiling.

"No big deal?! That is a huge deal!" she said a little too excited while jumping up and down.

I just laughed.

"So what are you guys?" she asked as she calmed down.

"Well, I don't really know. I guess I will have to see what happens..." I truthfully admitted. I didn't know what Harry and I are. I don't want to be "friends with benefits" but I am not sure if I am ready for a relationship either.

I started to apply my make up when I had a painful flashback of something I hadn't thought of in a very long time.

*FLASHBACK*

My boyfriend Nick and I have been having the silliest arguments lately, and I don't know why. He is a good guy, but he has been acting really different, and been hanging out with different people. So that is why I am heading to his place to find out. When we are together, he always has to excuse himself for some unknown reason, and then never comes back. He has been acting very strange lately.

My mom dropped me off and I headed inside. His parents weren't home, but the front door was unlocked. I opened the door to his basement because that is usually where he hangs out during the day.

I swiftly hopped down the stairs and said, "Hey Ni-" I stopped mid sentence. I saw Nick sitting in a chair and he was injecting something into himself. His eyes were rolled back into his head. What is going on? Is that...HEROIN? My eyes popped out of my head.

Instinctively, I ran up to him and screamed, "What is this?!" I ripped out the drug he was shooting up his arm.

"What the fuck!" he screamed and stood up. He towered over me.

He slapped my face hard. "You bitch!" he screamed. The sting lingered as a tear slipped down my face. "Give it back!"

"Nick! No! You don't know what you are doing to yourself!" I screamed at him.

He shoved me up against the cement wall of his basement trying to grab the drugs from me. "Give it back to me, you bitch!"

"You know what? I AM DONE. WE ARE DONE." I dropped the drugs and sprinted out of his house, grabbing my bag by the door.

I sprinted as fast as I could, and my legs were about to give out.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Yo, earth to Aria," Dani snapped her fingers in my face.

"Uh, sorry," I replied shaking my head.

"We have to go!" she yelled.

I haven't thought about Nick in the longest time. It has been three years since it happened, I was sixteen at the time. Crazy, right? That was only the beginning of our horrific break up.

I can't think about this anymore.

I must go and have a nice breakfast with my friends, who aren't going to hurt me like Nick did.

_____________________________________

a/n

yo comment vote

love you x