Book Two; Chapter 20

Song for this chapter: Who You Love by John Mayer and Katy Perry

A month or two has passed since the whole Taylor incident on Celebrity Slam and things are going great. Taylor’s manager was extremely concerned with her mental state and forced her to see a psychologist. She ended up being diagnosed with Paranoid Personality Disorder, which didn’t surprise me. I always knew something was psychologically wrong with her. It is a severe mental disorder characterized by excessive unforgiveness, suspiciousness, lack of trust, sensitivity to setbacks, and self-importance. Apparently her whole “revenge” scheme was a red flag to the psychologist. Taylor is currently living at a psychotherapy clinic in California, which made Harry and I ecstatic. This means no more Taylor for a while. And if she is cured, that means no Taylor forever.

When Harry found out, he could not stop laughing. He could not believe that all happened on live TV. I do feel kind of bad though, because she caused this whole scandal in the tabloids and drew all this attention to herself. The media made her out to be a psycho and me the angel (which is obviously true). She dug herself a hole too deep to get out of. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if her career is over. Simon was even talking about cutting her contract with his record company. But she shouldn’t have had one in the first place, according to Simon. He just thought he could make a ton of money off of her. He claimed “her musical talent was mediocre”.

But I guess in retrospect, I should thank Taylor. Without her, Harry would have never gotten to know me in the first place. Without her act of vengeance, Harry and I would have never been together. He ended up truly falling for me, as I did for him. She also made me a stronger person and caused me to have thicker skin. After all her painful backstabbing, it taught me some valuable lessons.

Right now, I was in Monte Carlo for Zayn and Perrie’s Engagement party. Yes, they were engaged! I am so happy for them. After all, It did give us all an excuse for the girls and I to see each other again. Danielle even came too, despite her break up with Liam. They have still managed to stay friends, so things aren’t awkward between them. The boys all got here last night except for Harry. He was going to meet me here since he was in London and I was in New York.

The party was being held at the outdoor Sea Lounge, right by the water. This place is absolutely beautiful, surrounded by palm trees and the serene blue sky above. The color scheme of blue gave me pure bliss.

I stood alone in the Sea Lounge, but not for long. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned around to face a well-kept Harry Styles. His chocolate curls, which I adored, were swiftly combed over. He sported light pants and a slightly unbuttoned white shirt. Perfect formal beachwear.

I smiled up at him and said, “Hey.”

“That’s all you have to say?” he joked as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

I laughed and replied still holding on to him, “I missed you.”

We pulled away and he held onto my waist. “It’s been a few weeks,” I added as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Two weeks.” We touched foreheads and he paused. “Six days,” he pulled me even closer to him. “Nine hours. That’s too long.”

“Wow you actually kept track?” I giggled.

“Oh, shut up and kiss me,” he smiled. I was about to kiss him when a voice interrupted us, “Aria! Come on!” I pulled away with wrinkled eyebrows and groaned. The girls were watching us from the hotel balcony above.

“Look, I’m sorry. I have to go help Perrie get ready, but I will see you at the party, right?” I apologized.

“Yes you will, see you then,” he said.