Book One; Chapter 38

“And the winner is…

Taylor Ellis.”

The audience roared in applause.

I couldn’t help but feel a pang of disappointment. Yes, she is my friend, but I am quite jealous that her music career is going to be taking off.

So this is it.

I won’t be going to LA with Harry. This is going to be the last of him for a while.

I looked up at Harry; he was staring at Taylor with a clenched jaw. “It’s okay Harry, I’m fine. It wasn’t meant for me to win I guess.”

“No, you don’t understand,” he mumbled.

“Understand what?” I asked out of curiosity.

He didn’t answer me. He just watched Taylor go up and accept her award.

She grabbed the microphone from Simon, “Wow, thank you so much. I really don’t know what to say! Thank you to everyone voted for me! I love you all!”

And with that she exited the stage. “Well its official. Final Jam is over. Now, there will be an after party down at the mess hall tonight celebrating Taylor’s win. I expect all campers there! Thank you to everyone who participated and to everyone who came.”

I stood up and grabbed Harry’s hand. “Alright, ready to go to the party?” I asked him.

“Yeah.”

* * * *

“And then, I was like ‘No Niall! That’s not a hose! That’s a snake!’” Louis said, “And the snake hissed at him and almost bit him!”

We all burst out in laughter. Louis kept on telling us these hilarious stories of their first few days here at camp.

I took a sip of soda and looked around for Taylor. I needed to congratulate her on her win.

I left the group to go look for her. I was looking left and right for her, but she was nowhere in sight. I went back to the group, “Harry, have you seen Taylor?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I want to congratulate her. Where is she?”

“Don’t.”

“Why? I am just trying to be nice.”

“Just don’t go and talk to her. It’s not a good idea.”

“Why?”

“Just stop asking questions, okay? Enjoy the party.”

“No! Why are you acting like this? Just tell me where she is!” Just as I said that Taylor strolled by talking to a few people.

I spun in the opposite direction to catch up with her.

“Aria, no!” Harry said.

“You can’t tell me what to do!”

“I am coming with you.”

“Whatever,” I grumbled.

I followed Taylor outside. “Taylor! Wait!”

She turned to face me, “Aria…hey,” she smirked.

“Congratulations on your win,” I smiled.

“Thank you.”

Just as she said that, Harry caught up to me.

“Hey Harry. Do you guys want to take a walk? Have a little chat?”