Book One; Chapter 29

“Taylor!” I laughed, “You can’t do that!”

“Yes I can!” she giggled.

“Oh my God, you are crazy!” I playfully hit her.

All of a sudden my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled out my sleek iPhone and unlocked it to see who the text was from.

My smile fell. My heart started to race.

Heard you are with a pop star now. A rich one, I might add. I am in need of money. If you know what’s good for you, get me the money. –Nick.

“Oh my God,” I started to hyperventilate.

“Aria, what’s wrong?” Taylor put her hand on my shoulder.

“It’s him-he’s…back,” I started to cry.

“Who is back?” she scanned my eyes.

“Nick,” I let the tears fall down my face.

No, No, No. This is not good.

“Who is that?”

“I-I can’t talk about this right now, I am sorry,” I sniffled.

“Okay Aria, come here,” she pulled me in for a hug.

“Thank you Taylor. I am going to take a walk by myself and clear my head.”

“Okay.”

I left Taylor and walked through a wooded path. A crunching sound came beneath my feet as I walked on dead leaves.

I went to Harry and I’s spot by the lake. I have found myself coming here often just to think.

I sat down near the edge of the water. I pulled my knees up close to me and let the tears fall. I was scared, really scared. Nick was a drug addict now, and is capable of hurting me in ways I would have never imagined. How does he even know I am with Harry? There are no paps here. The world does not know that Harry and I are together.

I looked down at my hands, I was shaking.

I took a deep breath. Do I text Nick back? He would definitely find me even if I don’t. But there is no way in hell that I would steal money from Harry to give to Nick for drugs.

I need to end this once and for all.

I pulled out my phone and stared at the text message. I hesitantly started to type a message back.

How do you know that?

I got a quick reply.

I know a lot of things. I know you are at Camp One Direction, you little bitch.

My eyes widened. I am really scared now. He knows where I am. Oh my God what do I do? I typed up a reply.

A: What do you want?

N: Money

A: How do you suppose I get that?

N: your boyfriend is a millionaire. Steal from him.

I need to set things straight with Nick. I am going to trick him.

A: when do you need it by?

N: tonight

A: do you want to meet?

N: meet tonight at ten in the mall parking lot near your camp.

A: fine.

There is no way I will be giving him money. I will just meet him to try and talk some sense into him.