Book One; Chapter 34

This is it.

This is the day I have been waiting for.

 Final Jam.

So many things are running through my head right now. What is going to happen to me? Will I just return home as a failure? Or will I win and go to Los Angeles with the One Direction boys? My music future is all going to be determined by today. I shook out the negative thoughts and prepared myself for my performance. I took a deep breath and ran my hands through my hair.

I really need to get ready for tonight. The performances are going to be way bigger than the usual Camp Fire Jams. They are going to be more professional and probably more entertaining. I am very excited to watch them.

I sat down in my dressing room and decided to prepare myself for tonight. I started to curl my hair into gentle waves when I heard a knock on my door.

“Hey girlfriend,” a voice said.

I looked in the reflection on the mirror and saw Taylor entered the room dressed in a robe.

“Hey what’s up?” I asked her.

“Just trying to get the nerves out,” she confessed.

“Don’t worry, you will do great,” I assured her.

“Really? I hope so!” she smiled.

“What do you have planned for tonight?” I asked.

“It’s a surprise,” she winked.

“Aw, you can tell me!” I giggled.

“Nope!” she said popping the ‘p’.

“Please!”

“Trust me you don’t want to know yet,” she smirked.

“What?” I asked a bit confused.

“Oh nothing. You’ll see.”

And after that short conversation, she left me alone. I continued to do my hair and I started to do my makeup when another knock on my door.

“Come in,” I mumbled as I set down a bottle of foundation.

I turned and saw Harry enter.

“Hey baby,” I greeted him with a kiss on the lips.

“Good luck tonight.”

He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me while he rested his head on my shoulder. I would say we looked pretty cute.

“Let’s take a picture,” I said as I pulled out my phone. We stayed in the same position and I snapped a few pictures. I chose the best one and set it as my background. We were too cute.

I turned and wrapped my arms around Harry as I nuzzled my head into his shoulder; just hugging him gave me butterflies.

“I am going to miss you so much,” I whispered.

“Shh, love. We still have a little while together,” he whispered back as he kissed the top of my head.

I pulled away, teary eyed. “Why am I crying?” I laughed.

“Because we aren’t going to be seeing each other for a while,” he laughed along with me.

He suddenly became serious, “But we will talk on the phone every day, and Skype whenever we can.”

I nodded and wiped my eyes and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

“Aria! You are on in thirty minutes!” a stage manager called through the door.

“Shit,” I mumbled.

“I really have to finish getting ready,” I said.

“Can I stay?”

“No! You are performing with the boys! You have to go too!” I shooed him.

“One last kiss,” he grabbed me by the waist and pressed his lips to mine.

I pulled away laughing, “Go!”

“Good luck love, you are going to kill it.”

I thanked him and he left. I quickly finished my makeup and threw on my dress. I took one last look in the mirror and let out a sigh and did a few vocal warm ups to calm my nerves.

This is it.

The moment I have been waiting for my entire life. This performance will determine my future. No pressure…

*

*

*

*

*

* * * * * * *

A/N

hey guys! sorry I haven't updated in a while! I have been a bit busy! and sorry its a sucky chapter!

THANK YOU FOR 25K READS LIKE OMG WHAT IS LIFE

Also, a lot of good stuff coming up soon so stay tuned :)