a.f.i

August 26, 2014 6:47 p.m

Luke and I are just friends now. Nothing more sadly, because I miss him. Not just him but what we had or were, whatever that was. But we hang out almost every day, and now sleep in different beds or rooms to stop the temptations which I hate. I just want to cuddle him.

Brittany doesn't even seem to try anymore like the way she was acting right before she moved away. Always caught up in her phone and never me because she's so worried that she'll miss out on something with her friends.

Currently I was getting ready for a family dinner. By family I meant family. My mother, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, stepmother, and my father. I'm not sure what made them want to do it but here I was.

I was getting nervous and anxiety was filling me by the minute. Luckily Luke said he'd join in, which I was thankful for. He always seems to manage a way to be here for me.

I love him.

"Ashton! Luke is here," my mom called from down the stairs as I hurried and tried to tie my tie but couldn't do it.

"Just a second!" I called as I undid it and attempted to tie it again until a chuckle from behind me interrupted me.

"Need help?" Luke smiled as I embarrassedly nodded, turning about, to face him.

As he stepped closely, I leaned against my dresser as he leaned a little against me, slowly tying the tie into a perfect tie and patting my chest.

"Perfect," he whispered starring at me as I gave a weak grin and nodded and cleared my throat.

"We should leave now," I said as he stared at me amused, smiling for what reason to be exact, I don't know.

He reached his hand up to my curly swoop and brushed his fingers against it as I glanced down at my fingers as he took his index and middle finger to lift my chin up, coming in closer to me, as I sighed.

"Luke, come on," I said shoving his hand away from me not wanting to cave in to him we've done good so far.

"What Ashton? Can I not just look at you?"

I rolled my eyes shoving him as I shoved my phone in my pocket. Of course he could look at me but lord knows what will happen with him looking this attractive dressed up wearing a maroon tie.

"Come on, i'm driving," he said as I nodded as he let me go first and we all went out, Lauren riding with luke and I and Harry with my mom so we wouldn't have to be crowded.

The ride there was nice and comforting. We kept the radio off the entire time and talked non stop until we arrived at my fathers. I felt so anxious and worried. My mother and father haven't sat down at a dinner with each other since I was a lot younger. Since Lauren was a little girl.

Luke pulled my hand back before we walked inside, stopping me seeing how nervous I was. I sighed running a hand through my hair.
"I'll meet you guys in there," I told my mother as they went in and shut the door.

"You okay, Ash?"

I nodded swallowing, "Yeah," I reassured nervously, "Just nervous I guess."

He reassured me by giving a soft smile before leaning in and kissing my forehead as I felt instantly okay but frowned. I felt like smiling but I had to force myself to hold it back.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Just to help you with nerves. I'm being a good friend," he said as I nodded and walked inside and greeted my family. After hugging everyone I saw my little sister Max who looked overly excited and ran to me and hugged me tightly.