Chapter 25

*Michaela's POV*
I let out a sigh and look up at my house. I walk towards the door and am greeted by Castiel holding Hunter. "Hey baby." I picked him up. "Mummy missed you." I kissed his cheek and cuddled him. "Thanks for taking care of him again.. "No problem Michaela." "Before you go can we talk?.." He nods his head and heads back inside. This isn't going to be fun..

*Castiel's POV*
I take a seat down at the table and Michaela places hunter on his play mat with cartoons on before joining me at the table. She looks serious am I fired from babysitting? Am I fired from working at the gas station? Does she know about Dean coming over last night. I start to sweat and she looks at me and places an envelope on the table. "I have something to tell you and I don't want you to freak out we can sort this out like adults." I nod my head slowly. "Okay." I said trying to swallow. "I went to the city to see a doctor." "Why? What's wrong with our doctors here? Are you okay?" She nods her head then shakes it. "No.." She starts crying and tries to contain herself. "I'm sick.. Really sick. Stage 2 Breast cancer." I couldn't believe what she was saying. I let out a heavy sigh and sit next to her at the table. "I'm so sorry Michaela.. What can I do to help?" She sniffles before looking up at me. "Actually there's a couple of things I need to sort out before you know.. like the house, business and Hunter." She looks over at her son and bursts out crying again. "Go for a shower and I'll take care of Hunter while you do. We will talk after." She nods her head and tries to smile but she just bites her lip and walks away.

[Castiel. 1:30pm]
I can't make it tonight..

[Dean. 1:35pm]
Oh.. Really?.. Okay.

[Castiel. 1:38pm]
Sorry Dean.. Maybe tomorrow?

[Dean. 1:45pm]
I fly out tomorrow. I might just go to this party everyone's talking about. Try and have some fun on my last night. Have a good night Castiel.

[Castiel. 1:50pm]
Okay.. Again I'm sorry Dean. I hope you have fun..

His mad at me and I feel so guilty I wish I could tell him but I just can't. It's not my news to tell and he has to understand that. We can have all the time in the world Michaela doesn't.

As I sit waiting for Michaela the door bell rings. I walk towards it and open it revealing Michaela's sister Kate. "Ah Castiel. Strange to see you here again." I rolled my eyes at her note. Michaela and I are adults our past is in the past. "This house is a mess. Aren't you hired to clean it?" I get angry but calm myself. "No. I'm here to baby sit Hunter." She laughs. "Baby sit.. is that what you call being a father is?" I was confused by her remark but shrugged it off. "Where's my sister?" She demanded. "She's in the shower Kate.." Kate was a pain in the butt wanting to know everyone's business and getting involved in relationships and having her opinion where it isn't welcomed. My life would be in a different direction if it wasn't for Kate. Then again Hunter wouldn't have been born if Michaela didn't cheat on me. I don't understand why his father isn't in his life or why Michaela doesn't talk about him. "Where are you going?" I heard Michaela ask Kate. "Where else? A party." I knew Michaela would have rolled her eyes at that response. "Don't wait up." She flipped her hair and walked out the door in a very trashy outfit that only desperate losers would like.

N/A
This is going in a different direction then I imagined but I am okay with it. :)