Chapter 36

*Dean's POV*
I slowly open my eyes and I can see better. I'm still in some pain but not as much. I look around the room to see Ellen asleep on the chair. I reach over to grab the glass of water when I end up screaming in pain waking Ellen. "Dean!" She yelled grabbing the glass and softly pushing me back down on the bed. I lift the gown and see a bandage wrapped around my stomach and blood soaking through the bandages. "You must have ripped your stitches. I'll call the doctor." "Stitches?" I mumble out.. What happened.. My mind is blury I can't remember anything.. Ellen presses a button and a doctor walks in with a clip board. "Let's have a look." He removes the bandage and cleans the wound. "Just a little rip we can fix that easily. You have to be very careful Mr Winchester. You have had a big operation and your body needs to heal." What operation? What the bloody hell happened. "What? Why.." I asked looking around. "Where's Sam!" I question freaking out. "Sammy!" Ellen walks over towards me. "His with Bobby. Dean-" She waited for the doctor to leave the room. "Dean your father beat you up pretty bad. You remember when you were 8 and you had to go to the hospital?" I nod my head. "Because my appendix erupted.." She looks down and sighs. When she looks up at me I could see she had been crying and she started again. "No sweetie. Your father shot you and they had to remove the bullet. He told you it was your appendix so you wouldn't ruin his cover story when he said you were shot after someone tried to rob your father and yourself on the street." No this can't be I could feel myself pushing tears down. "They couldn't remove the bullet it was in to deep but they said you'd be okay.. Your father must have kicked you pretty hard to move that bullet and broke your rib. They went in and removed the bullet and did some surgery on your rib.." I couldn't stop the tears. My own father shot me.. It was all coming back so clearly.

Dean 8 years old.
"Daddy why do you have a gun?" I asked holding it in my hand. "Don't play with that." He snatched it from my hands and slapped me across the face. He later found me that night playing cowboys and robbers with it. I didn't shoot it but dad was furious. "You don't play with guns and you'll learn the hard way." Bang. He shot me just like that..

"Someone's here to see you." I sat up smiling as I knew who it was. "Samm-" Not Sammy.. "Hi.." I looked at Ellen and back at the door where he stood..