Chapter 55

*Castiel's POV*

"Cas?" Michaela shakes me lightly. "Sorry what?" I say looking up at her as she stands. "It's my turn to go in.. Are you coming?" No I should be some where else, I should be fighting for Dean. "Yeah of course. Right behind you." I give a reassuring smile and follow behind her into the doctors room. "Michaela how are you feeling?" The doctor asks as we take our seats. "Well doc that depends on what the results are.." "It's not good news unfortunately the cancer has spread and it's only a matter of time. I am so sorry." I look over at Michaela who squeezes my hand tighter. "Thank you." Michaela has been seeing this doctor since she fell pregnant. "I think it's best that you contact Hunters father to make sure he has a secure home before your time is up." She lets go of my hand and shakes her head at the doctor. "I'm Hunter's father and I'll be taking care of him." I spoke up as the doctor furrowed his eyebrows. "This isn't my place." "Then don't say anything." Michaela snaps. "Michaela I am not only your doctor but am one of your friends." "But its confidentiality." "Yes but it's wrong to mislead someone.." Michaela stands up and storms out of the room and I quickly follow. "What was that?" I ask chasing after her. "Nothing.." "Babe?" "Michaela!" I grab her arm and turn her to face me. "Am I Hunter's father!?" I say raising my voice. "No.." She whispers. "No you're not." She starts crying. "I'm so sorry..." I let her go and run my hands through my hair. "No? You knew I wasn't his dad but lead me to believe I was?" "I wished and hoped you were but it was that dead beat Casper and he wouldn't give Hunter a good home.." "Dean and I broke up because of this! Everything was perfect till this." "Cas I'm sorry.. You can't blame me for you and Dean. If he loved you he would have fought for you." "This is your fault." I walk away as she calls after me, I ignore her and get into my car.