Chapter Three

The crowd that stood was slowly becoming smaller, but with everyone being slightly tipsy or worse they stumbled into my side, some apologizing and some cursing. I made it to the end of the dancing people, finally catching my breath. 

"-bit more skin, baby." I heard a hoarse voice cheer, and my forehead ceased into a frown. I turned around to see a group of about four or five people eyeing a mysterious brown haired girl, whose back was facing the boys. They continued to catcall her but she did a good job at ignoring them.

I tensed when I realized it was Eleanor, standing alone. I pushed past a blue-haired girl to get to my best friend. All too suddenly I felt a sharp in my head. It throbbed along with my pulse but I blamed it on the loud music and attempted to forget about it. 

"Don't be like that," a muscular boy screamed at her and she cringed. I slowly began to jog, and then run, despite the fact that I was in heels. Eleanor shred away from the group, walking away from them. They must've chose to pick on her because everybody else was already with someone.

"Hey," another man said sternly, and I gaped when he gripped her wrist. "I told you to come over here."

"Buzz off," she warned, and I made it to the group, stalking towards the person holding Eleanor as she shook her hand from his grasp.

I stood in front of her. "Don't you dare touch her," I shot when he took a step away from us.

"Well," the man cooed as his three other boys appeared behind him. "Lads, look at what we've got here. I think we found her."

"For the love of God," one of the boys muttered as the music slowly quietened, ending. He had brown-coloured roots that ended in blonde. I couldn't see his face much because the lack of illumination. "This place sucks-" he whirled around to face one of the other boys who was silhouetted against the lanterns that hung over the ceiling behind him, "-is she here or not? I wanna leave."

The boy didn't move or say anything but I felt as if he was watching me. I used the excuse that I was just paranoid and lowered my gaze from them.

"Come on, Eleanor, let's go." I grabbed her hand and dragged her away from the group of boys.

"Eleanor," one of them called out. "Wait! I know you!"

I heard footsteps behind me and planned on moving faster but Eleanor stopped walking and tugged on my arm when I tried to move.

"El, they're creeps," I hissed under my breathe as one of them approached us, the one who was holding her.

"I know you," the boy repeated as he turned to Eleanor, ignoring my existence. "We haven't met but..." He hesitated, then waved the boys over.

The blonde one glared at the blue-eyed boy then walked in the direction of the door. The other two boys followed, standing tall in front of us.

By then I was sure my skull was going to crack open. The room was beginning to spin. I held Eleanor's hand and shook her but she asked for a minute.

"May I  see your tattoo?" I heard the boy ask. I stared at the ground and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself. I felt as if I was going to have a panic attack.

"Oh my God," I heard from Eleanor. her voice slightly faint.

"Is she okay?" one of the boys asked.

I groaned, quiet enough not be heard over the music, and tried to leave for the door. I thought being out of the claustrophobic room might help me calm down. But I only ended up stumbling over my heels and mentally cursed myself for wearing heels to the first high school party.

"I'm-" I tried to speak but my throat was dry. And then I tipped forward, but a pair of arms caught me.

And then it felt as if the music in the room silenced and all eyes were on us, which wasn't even happening. My head stopped aching and I was able to stand back up my feet.

I looked up to meet a pair of beautiful emerald eyes, staring straight into mine. I stared back, feeling like I was in a trance. It was like an invisible rope urging me forward, which made my face heat up so I took a step back and hung me head in embarrassment.

The boy also took a step back but he continued to stare. I caught a glimpse of his face, and he was gorgeous. He lowered his head just before the lights flickered off again. I began to contemplate if the bulbs were broken or if this was just a crappy party when I heard him speak for the first time, and though his words weren't directed at me I felt my heart flutter at his deep, slow voice.

"I found her."'

The blue-eyed boy turned to me and stared for a long moment, then he turned to Eleanor.

"I think you two should come with us."

I wasn't going to reply to him, still feeling embarrassed and overwhelmed over the situation that I might have found my soulmate in a crappy high school party even though he didn't attend my high school, but Eleanor did.

"Sorry, what?" I hear her say, and turned to her. She looked back at me. Her face was blank and her cheeks were flushed but her eyes danced with bliss and read happiness.

And I didn't know why our mates couldn't have politely asked us to come with them but took Eleanor's words as permission to grab our arms and cover our mouths, but they did, and soon I was in the arms of a stranger I was mentally connected to being shoved outside of Finn's house.

I writhed and flailed in the boy's grasp, managing to elbow his shoulder but he held my left arm in a tight grip, dragging me over to a black van parked across the road.

"Hey," I shouted over Eleanor's cries, "what the hell are you doing? Let me go---!"

"Really?" The blondie rounded around the car to stand by me. "You're kidnapping them? As if we didn't have people on our ass all day before, Harry."

"Well, Niall," the boy holding me spoke with a calm voice, holding both my arms onto my chest with one of his hands, my back pressed against the car door, "it definitely beats your plan on befriending them first and then kidnapping them."

I continued to frantically squirm against the boy as he reached for something the blonde boy was handing over--handcuffs--and screamed my throat raw.

He pulled me to the back of the van and opened the back doors, shoving me in. I continued to cry and shout whilst he handcuffed my hands behind my back.

"Oh, come on," the boy sighed casually and clasped one handcuff around my left wrist. I could hear Eleanor shouting my name, and then the sound of a car door closing and I could no longer. "These people aren't gonna help you."

"Don't--" I managed to scream one last time before the blonde boy appeared smoothed out a piece of duct tape on my lips.

I gave one last pleading look to my mate, now able to see him clearly.

He had dark curly hair, sprawled over his forehead, and piercing green eyes, glassy under the streetlights. He shot me a smile.

"Everything is going to be okay," he said with a shrug, managing to tie something over my eyes, then slammed the boot door shut.

-:-:-:-