Chapter Sixty Seven

Please read, at the end.

-:-:-:-

"You look pale," Eleanor commented as soon as I stepped through the doors. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I-..." I palmed my eyes with the palms of my hands. "Losing my phone and all."

Eleanor made an unsatisfied sound. "You must be obsessed with your phone," she said quietly. "You found it though, right?"

"Yeah, I did. I need to shower, I'm sweating through my clothes," I said to change the subject.

"Ew," Perrie smirked. "...me too.  Let's go to the fucking pool because I'm fucking bored and I haven't been in a fucking pool for three fucking years."

"Fuck," Eleanor blurted.

"Do you have anything we can borrow?" Perrie asked and moved to the bedroom.

"Harry stole some stuff," I deadpanned.

Perrie opened an empty drawer then slammed it closed. "Where?"

"I dunno," I went into the bathroom. The plastic bag containing the swimwear was on the counter. I took it to the other room quick enough to hear Perrie say: "It smells like sex."

"Ewww, Perrie. No," I blushed, remembering the other night.

"In a hotel?" she said. "Lucky. I got fucked in a party first-time. And a gentleman, he was." She grinned at my grimace. "I'm kidding-guh, don't look so horrified."

Eleanor pulled out a pair of shorts. "Would these fit me?"

"Harry has a nice style, actually." Perrie took a look in the bag. "Harry style. Harry Styles." She stared at our blank expressions. "Sorry."

"I don't feel like going," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. I still felt worried about the hallucination I saw in the elevator. That wasn't something a normal person experienced every day. "I don't know, my head's hurting."

"Water isn't gonna hurt your head," Perrie shrugged. "And if you're scared-"

"I'm not scared, I'm tired," I interrupted, because I wasn't scared. Worried, maybe. Heart pounding; head aching; strange feeling in my stomach, definitely not fear.

"We're here, for, like, an hour of whatever, before they come back and yell at us for," Perrie took a deep breath and made her voice slower and deeper, "leaving your designated fucking area."

"Fine." I sighed and stood up. I picked a pair of shorts and just used my singlet as bathers and headed downstairs with the girls after changing in the bathroom. "Let's take the stairs," I blurted.

"Ew, stairs," Perrie joked and pressed a button on the elevator. My body went cold as they stepped inside. I hesitated.

"Evelyn," Eleanor said. "You coming?"

I bit my lip and stepped inside, my legs tense. The elevator shifted and I held my breath as it took us down.

I was the first to rush right out of it as soon as the doors opened. We left outside into the warm weather--it wasn't as hot as yesterday. Though I loved summer, it was getting annoying--and stood by the pool.

"I'm going in," Perrie stated and stepped into the water.

"I think I'm going to-" I looked at the plastic white chairs, "-tan."

"Tanning's boring, come swim," Eleanor said and followed Perrie.

"Just for half an hour," I said.