Chapter Thirty Six

A knock at the door had startled Evelyn. "Sweetheart?" Mrs. Bale creaked the door open faintly. Evelyn rolled onto her side. Once she had seen that it was her mother in the door frame, she sat up on her bed and blinked at her.

"Dinner is ready." Her mother murmured calmly.

-

Evelyn hadn't told a single thing about the kidnapping to anyone, even her family. Nobody dared to ask and ruin the happy day that Evelyn had come home. Until dinner came, that is.

"Do you wanna sit here so you can watch the television?" Holly had asked Evelyn, standing up. But Evelyn quickly refused and told her everything was fine just the way it was. Her mother had made Evelyn her favorite meal, and her siblings were extremely nice that day. Luckily, Evelyn's father wasn't at home at the moment, and though she felt absolutely horrible thinking of it, she was thankful. He must hate me, she thought as she poked at her food with the end of her fork. What she didn't know, was that Mr. Bale was more than happy with Evelyn being back and was now silently crying at his job. He had regretted the glares he had sent her, because he knew her hell of a holiday was over, and she was now safe and sound in her own home.

"Are you okay, dear?" Mrs. Bale suddenly interrupted Evelyn's thoughts of her father. Mrs. Bale didn't want to remind Evelyn about the week alone, but she was getting worried. "You have barely eaten anything."

Evelyn was starving. And after eating tasteless food in the hospital, her mother's cooking made her mouth water. She was just remembering him.

He might kill my family.

"Sorry." She mumbled simply and finished her plate last. Evelyn scooped up her dinner plate and left it in the sink. She would normally help her mother clean up, but Mrs. Bale insisted she get some rest.

Though Evelyn had finally cleansed herself, she had the need to shower once more. So she excused herself and walked into the bathroom numbly.

After scrubbing painfully and brushing her teeth, Evelyn fell back onto the cushions of her bed at 10:30 P.M.

Evelyn's P.O.V.

I was grateful that my family were being nice, but it also stressed me somehow. It was like they pitied me in the worst of ways. That I had been with Harry Styles, and disliked me for it. They didn't do any thing to show it, but I hate being treated like I was weird or something. Not that it mattered, anyway. Hopefully this will all be over soon and I'd be treated normally and school will begin and I will see my friends again.

Then my mind drifted to Eleanor, and my eyes were already moist.

Why?

Why did she want to stay with them? I mean, I understand that I'm here now because of how Harry was weird enough to trust me and take me to the shops, but the day Troye had come to Harry's place and we had a chance to leave, she told me to go. And that she loved Louis and would rather stay there.

Ugh, I'm such a hypocrite.

But just because Harry didn't do anything I thought he would, doesn't make me like him in all possible ways. I pitied him for his life and knew that maybe he was a little sad, that's all. Yet I still don't understand why be with someone who will obviously kill and steal rather than be with your family.

Then again, Eleanor had no family.

I sighed and drifted off to all our memories together.

When we decided to begin going to school together. Saving up money to travel a country. Meeting up at the park every Monday after school.