Chapter Seven

My neck ached by the position I was in, tied down in the passenger's seat. And for a moment I thought every thing was a dream, but the police sirens pulled me out of my thoughts.

Harry and the boys didn't come back alone. About six security guards were running behind them with lethal guns pointed in their direction. The boys were walking backward, facing the bank with their revolvers directed at the guards. Gunshots were heard everywhere, making me flinch every time.

Liam threw open the door and shoved the key into the car as it roared it life.

"Get in," he screamed at the other boys. At one point, I saw him pull the trigger of a gun he ripped out of his pocket, and the bullet hit a man directly between the eyes. I stiffened when another large man grabbed a hold of Niall's wrist. Niall shot once, and the man was on the floor the next second, blood oozing out of his chest and staining his shirt.

A plump cop managed to sneak behind the car I was in. His pained eyes caught mine; a teenage girl tied down. His expression proved him to be shocked but he raised a finger to his lips and returned his gaze to the boys. I watched from the window as he held a gun right behind Eleanor's kidnapper's back. The blue-eyed boy whirled around and grabbed the arm of the police man and snapped his arm before the cop could shout anything hasty.

The man screamed but attempted to shoot Louis-- I think that was his name, from what Harry had called him on the phone-- as Louis threw his arm to the man's side. The officer's gun barked once and Louis jerked as the bullet hit his shoulder.

I gasped as Liam drove the car towards Niall and Zayn. They jumped in and threw the door closed as bullets pounded the car, metallic clinking noises booming. I pathetically cried out in surprise when a bullet hit the windshield and left a web of cracks as Liam slammed his foot on the petal.

Behind us, Harry and Louis went into, I'm assuming, Louis' car and followed close behind. A white vehicle flashed blue and red brightly as the bank's alarming siren continued to irritably ring.

I tried to rip my arms apart, but the rope held me firmly. I bashed my head against the back seat in frustration and squirmed noticeably.

Niall slid open the sky window and popped his head out with his gun. He shot a few times and then came back down as a crowd of bullets whipped past his head. Zayn threw him another box of rounds and Niall began to push the bullets in the gun.

Niall swiftly pushed himself back out the window and shot several times, making my ears ring. I turned around just in time to see the police vehicle in front of us swirl and turn before it crashed into a small market on the side of the road. I was unaware of how that happened but I was panicking too much to care.

Liam pressured the car and flew down the road in over 150 kilometers an hour. The numbers slowly increased.

My heart was pounding against my rib cage so hard I thought it was going to break. And suddenly, I felt this harsh sensation within me. The air felt extremely thick and I found it hard to breathe--I couldn't breathe. My throat closed up and I swallowed several times.

My breathing came out in heavy gasps and I grabbed the edge of the driver's seat, choking on nothing. I tried to cough, but it felt like something was in my throat. It felt as if there was no oxygen in Harry's car.

Slowly, I became light-headed, and I clamped my eyes closed to stop seeing the dashboard lights. They seemed to be too bright for me.

"What's going on there?" Niall called out from outside, and Liam turned to me, his face showing confusion.

"What is it?" Liam asked loudly, nervously looking back and forth between the road ahead of him and I.

I shook my head, as if that helped, and managed to say, "Panic-"