Chapter Eighteen

Evelyn's P.O.V.

Harry blinked and the tears were gone as quickly as it came. He spun around and stared at his sister for a minute. With a sigh, he joined us, standing by my side.

"Let's go." He simply said, and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together. I felt my heart beat a little faster but I ignored it, and struggled to keep up with Harry. His legs were longer, and he was quite impatient as he lead me to his large car.

I heard footsteps behind me and knew Eleanor and Louis were going towards Lou's car. I couldn't even wave goodbye because Harry tugged me behind the car. Harry let go of my hand and pulled the handle to open the car door. When I made no move to join him inside, he turned to me. "Are you coming or not?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

I resisted my urge to roll my eyes at his pissed off mood and sat in the passenger's seat. As soon as I closed the door, I heard a faint click indicating that the car was on child lock and only Harry's door was able to open.

Possessive dork.

-

Harry stumbled through the door of the house, groaning. I caught his arm before he leaned against the wall. "What is it?" I asked, trying to catch his eye sight.

"Nothing." he mumbled stubbornly and tried to stand up straight. "I'm okay." I noticed some beads of sweat beginning to grow on his forehead and the tips of the curly fringe covering his eyes.

"You're not okay." I mumbled. "Is it that hangover you're stuck in?" Maybe he shouldn't have drank that much, I mean, he was so drunk that we almost had a fling going on--he didn't even remember my name! He almost shot me.

Harry's breathing stopped, and he coughed awkwardly. "Stay out of my business." he mumbled and dropped onto the couch, lying back, his breathing ragged and heavy as he slumped over the cushions--head bowed back.

I stood over him, waiting for something to be said. When I realized he was trying to get some rest, I said, "Do you need anything?" with a shrug, feeling really awkward.

"No."

I pursed my lips and walked away slowly, searching for something to do. I ended up slumping on the couch.

Harry slung his arm over his eyes and sighed deeply. "Why didn't you do it?" Harry murmured without moving an inch.

The question confused me. "Do what?" I asked. Harry made no move to answer me, but he chuckled humorlessly.

After a minute, he said, "Escape."

I frowned but Harry continued, "You were in a hospital. You could've easily fled and someone working there could've called the cops and helped you out. I doubt Louis  had a weapon, so why didn't you?"

I honestly didn't really know myself. But when I thought about it, I realized, so I told the truth by saying, "I knew you'd be able to escape the cops. I've seen you do it before. And I was too busy worrying than thinking of escaping. And I didn't want you hurting anyone else."

"Is that a fact?" Harry spoke, sitting up.

My shoulders fell. He didn't believe I was concerned over his sister. "I wasn't lying to you," I narrowed my eyes at him and he raised his brows, confirming he didn't believe me.

"Oh really? What were you worrying about?" he challenged and placed his hand on his lap as he stared at me sarcastically, but with the hint of curiosity.

"Well." I tilted my head to the side. "Um...Gemma?" Harry froze at the mention of his sister's name, and then, straightened his posture, acting as if I hadn't mentioned a touchy subject.