Chapter Forty Five

"Oh," Finn muttered and pulled the car to a halt.

"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly, searching for anything out of the ordinary. We were parked just in front of my house on the side of the street. Finn was dropping me off home because I was even more tired than before, forgetting the study session.

Finn pointed at the black car parked in my driveway and I audibly groaned. He was at my house.

"We could have that study time now."

"Yes, we should," I nodded as Finn drove further up Bridge Avenue. His large house came into view, and I felt nauseous as he parked the car.

I pushed the car door open and stepped out. It surprised me that my body was so weak all of a sudden. Finn saw me and quickly rounded around the car to hold my arm.

"Wow, uhm, you look terrible," he stated.

"I think I'm sick," I uttered.

"We should get you to the hospital," he suggested. I looked up at him.

"It's not that bad," I said and took a small step forward. I crumpled down and Finn managed to grab my waist.

"I think not," his eyes narrowed.

I sighed wearily. "I'm in no mood to go to a hospital-"

"Let's just bring you inside for a minute."

In between all of whatever these emotions were, I felt a mix of terror and deja vu hit me like a punch into my gut as we neared the building. Not that I should panic so much. It's not like this is going to happen all over again, but remembering the day of the incident was making my heart hurt.

"Maybe I should carry you."

My eyes closed and I leaned into Finn's side, tired as hell. I was a little stressed and overwhelmed with Harry being here and all, but this must've just been a regular sickness. I doubt one can get sick because of a soulmate.

I felt a muscular arm grip the back of my thigh gently and cringed away--the touch reminded me of someone else's. But it didn't move away and only lifted my body up and leaned it into Finn's chest.

-

Finn carried Evelyn inside his house. It was silent, for his brother was still at school for an extra class and his maid wasn't called for today.

Afraid he might stumble on the staircase, he placed the girl in his arms gently on the couch in the main room of the large house. She stirred as he left to get a blanket, so she lay there helplessly and worn out from basically, nothing.

Evelyn felt pain in her arms, her legs, thighs, face; everywhere. She didn't know what was happening to her, she couldn't think clearly. Her sight would be clouded, if she had the strength to open her eyes. And her mind swam with questions.

Brought into a house in somebody's arms without being able to see where exactly she was. Placed on a couch. Being left, alone...All this reminded her of-

"Harry," she muttered with Finn standing right behind her, having heard her.

-

"Where am I?" were the first words I spoke when I came to consciousness.

"You alright?" Finn asked quietly and held my arm gently to help prop me against the couch.

I looked around the room. It still had the pale walls and white furniture. I'm still surprised by how clean two boys, alone, were in a giant house. Maybe they have a cleaner?

"What happened?" I asked with a furrow of my brows.

"Wow, keep your butt on the couch," Finn insisted and pressed my shoulders down. "You sorta passed out...in a good way."