Chapter Fifty Eight

"...and I don't know why, but those big  dresses are so cool." I touched the petals of the rose; silky and smooth, and twisted my head to look up at him. "Don't you think so?"

"Don't they, like, make you feel fat or anything?" Harry asked and shifted from under me. My head was resting against his shoulder as we lay sprawled across the bed.

I gave him a weird look and he shrugged.

"Well, I, for one, find those fish dresses hot," he stated.

"Mermaid dress?"

"Same thing."

"Why?" I laughed, placing the rose on his chest so I can ruffle his hair.

Harry raised his hips to retrieve a packet of cigarettes from his back pocket, and removed his hand from my waist to pluck out a smoke from the box. He put the cigarette between his lips and fished around for a lighter. "Cos it's hot."

"I would get a puffy one if we had a wedding." I drummed my fingers against his chest as he lit the end of his cigarette. "It's you I would be worried about."

His brows furrowed and his hand tightened against my waist slightly. "Why?"

"You'll probably wear a yellow suit or something," I chuckled, and he dabbed four fingers into my side. I jerked into a sitting position and took the cigarette from him to safely punch his arm.

"Ow," he said through clenched teeth and rubbed his arm. "I have a bruise there."

"Wuss."

"It's because I was busy killing people. Does that still make me a wuss?" He bumped his hip against mine and reached for the lit cigarette between my fingers. I held it above my head and pushed him back onto the bed.

"You need to stop smoking," I said. "Smoking is bad for your fucking lungs."

"Don't fucking swear." Harry pulled me onto him yanking my shirt and snatched the cigarette off of me.

I huffed and sat back up. "Don't fucking smoke in my bedroom, then." I said.

"Do you want to try some?" he asked and raised his eyebrows at it. I made a face and passed it over. "That's what I thought."

"No, but seriously, do you want to try one?" Harry pressed and sat up.

"No," I said.

He took a drag, the end firing up, and blew into my face.

"Ew." I leaned my back against the wall. "I hate the smell. Why would I want to taste it?"

"Come on," he said in a deep voice. "It will be so fucking hot."

"Noooooo." I grabbed his wrist as he tried to give it to me. "Stop."

"Please," he groaned. "I don't use that word often."

"It's like breathing your own death." I gritted. We were in the most awkward position right now.

"Evie, one drag isn't gonna bloody kill you." I pressed against his chest with my knees, my elbows on the mattress. He leaned over and shot his arm out. The cigarette was an inch from my face. I sealed my mouth and turned my head away. "Just take one fucking drag."

"No, fuck off."

"I'll shove it up your nose-"

Three knocks on the door sounded, and then my mother's voice. "Honey?"

Harry pushed himself off of me and stared at the cigarette. I quickly grabbed it off of him, the end falling onto my bed, and put it between my lips. I caught Harry grinning from the corner of my eye before my door swung open and my mum entered.