Chapter Seventy Nine (OPTION 2)

YOU DECIDE ON HOW YOU WANT THE STORY TO END. THIS IS THE SECOND (OPTION 2) ENDING:

-:-:-:-

(CONTINUED FROM CHAPTER 'SEVENTY EIGHT')

But I was not nearly as quick enough.

The blade slashed my arm deeply, and I made no attempt to howl a chilling scream, raising my knees to kick him off.

The man fell in a mess of rage, his face twisted in a dark grimace.

"You fucking bitch," he screamed, "you ruined ev--"

There was a clank, and the man's head jerked to the side, brain matter splattering onto the wall before he fell to his side.

I cringed and closed my eyes, my hands shaking.

"Evelyn, baby." Harry's voice was close. I opened my eyes. He was crouched in front of me, one hand reaching out for me, the other holding onto the gun.

I lowered my eyes to the gashing wound on my arm, blood dripping down my elbow. I pressed my right hand onto it to slow the bleeding, hissing in pain.

Harry used the attacker's blade to cut off a strip off his sleeve and tied it around my wrist. Blood and gore immediately soaked the cloth but I tried my best to ignore it.

"We need to leave," Harry insisted, his cheeks unusually red. "Before the rest come."

"Not without Niall," I insisted through gritted teeth, deliberately trying to hide my discomfort. I have been shot before but I am not one of those people who can get used to pain.

His face held strong annoyance and I spoke before he could. "We lost two people tonight. Two."

"And we can't lose another so let's fucking go," he pushed.

"I'm not going to die from a slit," I said, narrowing my eyes. I stood up, leaning against the wall because, as I realized when I rose, objects were spinning. "We should check upstairs."

Harry tightened his hand around his gun, giving me one last glare, before he leaned down, picked up the blade and handed it to me.

My own blood was slowly drying on the edge of the blade. I gripped it with a sense of terror. Knives were scarier than guns. With guns you simply pull a trigger; with knives you need to get close, and once you attack, I had no doubt that you cold feel the blade in the victim, which did not sound pleasant. I didn't ask to switch with Harry he is the best shot out of the two of us, and I probably wont even have to use my blade.

More gunshots resonated outside, and I wondered what the rest were doing; if they were okay.

I soundlessly followed Harry up the staircase leading to the second story, fully aware that the front door could open and we would have armed gang members pointing guns at our backs at any moment. I rammed the thought far away from my mind and focused on any noises that indicated anyone's presence.

Please don't be dead, I thought, referring to Niall. We already lost Nicole, and Zayn. That is already too much. Please be okay, fuck.

We reached the top of the stairs and Harry swiveled to face me, pressing a finger to his lips. My gaze lingered on him as he twisted to face the corridor. More booms sounded from outside but we ignored them.

Harry licked his lips, his eyes moving all over the doors. "Niall?"

We paused for a long, stretching minute but nobody replied. Nothing sounded, and Harry called out to him again.

When we received the same response, Harry pulled me deeper into the corridor so the stairs were out of sight and nobody who entered the house was able to see me, and he moved to check through all of the doors.