Chapter Thirty

"We won't be going home for so long, for so long. But I know that I won't be on my own."

-One Direction, Right Now

-:-:-:-

I was frozen. Completely blank in what to do. But after ten minutes of thinking. I finally decided to go back downstairs. I wanted to see if the others were still here. I was hoping they were still here.

I was relieved when I heard Louis' voice when I was halfway down the stairs.

"See ya," Troye was saying once I made it into the living room, standing up from his seat. The relief I felt disappeared into the tension filled air when I saw Eleanor and Louis standing by the door.

Eleanor saw my face, filled with horror, and skipped up to me. "You're leaving?" I hissed under my breath, my stomach clenched.

"Harry told Lou he was tired." she shrugged. "And what are you doing? Weren't you going to run away?"

I wanted to scream at her but I kept my calm. "I'm not leaving without you." I growled, seeing Troye walking up to us from the corner of my blazing eyes.

Eleanor gave me a tight smile and squeezed my hand. "That's good. I want you here, too. It will be boring--"

"That's not what I meant!" I snapped as quietly as possible, witnessing Eleanor's face twist into frustration. "You're going to come with me."

"Evelyn," she sighed, sounding weary and exasperated. "I can't. I don't want to. There's nothing to go back to."

"Alright, girls." Louis said, placing his arm over Eleanor's shoulders, making me look away in anger. "Time to say goodbye."

El gave me a sad look with puppy eyes before following Louis and Troye outside. Once they closed the door behind them, I stood there. My eyes felt as if they were burning holes into the door. She left. She'd actually rather live, with a member of Harry Styles' gang than go home and live with freedom.

A body suddenly appeared in front of me. Harry slid the key into its place and twisted it, not looking at me on purpose. My body stiffened when he pulled the key back out, and that's when I realized there was a long string attached to it. I gaped at him as he pulled the necklace upon his head and tucked the key in his shirt. Harry shot me a smirk and walked away casually, seating himself in the living room.

"Really?" I said, finally turning to sit on the couch, beside him. "You've got this gigantic house and you hide it in your shirt, in front of me? That's awesome, Harry. Where do you hide the dead bodies? Under the bed?"

"Is that where you want me to hide yours?" he gave me a dark look and returned his gaze to the television. I felt like a deer in headlights--this is suicidal, but I'm willing to piss him off.

"Maybe you hide it in the room upstairs." I suggested, seeing Harry glare at me from beside me. "I dunno, a large padlock protecting one room? Maybe that's your armory." I turned to him with a smirk of my own. "Or maybe it's that shed you said you've got."

"Snooping around my stuff won't anger me." Harry said as if he had read my mind. I let out a small, yeah right, but he ignored it.

"Then you wouldn't mind if I checked your pantry?" I asked. "I was kinda in the middle of eating pizza until you came. And I'm still hungry."

Harry chuckled. "If there is anything in there, you are welcome to eat." he spoke raspily and gave me a tight smile.

"What do you even eat in the mornings?" I asked, bored. "Organic bullets? I need Nutella to make me happy."