Chapter Fifty Seven

Make sure you have your tissues beside you in this chapter.

-:-:-:-

I closed my eyes for a brief moment and dropped my purse carelessly to rub my temple. When I opened my eyes I expected to see him disappear, but he was still there, smiling every so slightly.

"Oh, shit, I'm going insane," I whispered and leaned against the wall. My heart was racing, if Harry really was here he'd be able to hear it. I lightly tapped my head against the wall and stared at the ceiling. The hallucination of Harry frowned at me.

"Evelyn, I'm right here." His voice made my heart flutter but my thoughts jumble up. I was in the midst of deciding whether to scream at him to get out of my head or take the opportunity to stare at him when his voice continued. "Are you okay?"

I suddenly began to cry and covered my face with my trembling hands. My head was hurting just by thinking of him. Was he really here, or was he not? I figured the only way to find out was to touch him, so I walked forward steadily and sneaked a peek through my fingers. His eyebrows were raised but other than that he wasn't moving, holding his breath if he really was real.

"Are you really here?" My voice sounded unfamiliar and my hands were still shaking. The Hallucination Harry placed the item in his palm beside the rose and stood up. He looked liked he was afraid to touch me, so he stood close enough that I could feel his heat but he didn't put a hand on me like I wanted.

"Of course I'm here," he said after a moment, then raised his hand and gently cupped my cheek. Something in me snapped and a shock went through my body. Harry didn't seem to notice. "I'm right here, with you."

I wanted to run up to him and hug him as tight as I could, even if he wasn't here I wanted to take the chance of feeling a little blissful, but I was shaking so violently that I thought if I took a step forward I'll probably fall--so I was grateful that he  came up to me. A trembling sigh escaped my lips and I uncertainly wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him, he was really here. He was really here. I started to cry silently.

I felt his arms hug my waist and laughed nervously. "Are you okay?"

I sniffed and pushed him back, punching his shoulder. "You..." I whispered. "You dick. You left  me."

Harry's smile dropped and he clung onto my hands. "I had to," he said and stared into my eyes. "I wasn't safe here."

"And what about me?" I sobbed. "You said it wasn't safe for me, either. You left when there were other murderers here."

"No." He shook his head lightly, looking offended. "I, mean, yes, I said that, but they were after me. Plus, I think I made it clear that if they tried again, more will be harmed."

"Did you kill them?" I whispered.

"Evelyn, please," Harry whispered and pulled me into him, "just shut up. I missed you."

"It's only been a month," I said, hypocritically. I missed him so much more that I was in a stage of depression while he was out killing members of another gang.

"You didn't miss me?" He pulled back, and though his expression remained calm and tranquil, something in his eyes showed otherwise.

"I missed you more than I ever should have," I whispered back, and rested my head on his shoulder. It felt so right to be with him, but it was also wrong.

I didn't care.

"Really?" Harry pulled away to smirk at me, his hands on my waist. "It's only been a month."