Chapter Sixty Four

warning //don't read if easily offended or uncomfortable bc xxx

-:-:-:-

The elevator doors opened and a girl stood there, staring at us. She awkwardly stepped inside and right in the corner.

Harry's friend apparently stole our towels, so the elevator was coated in a layer of water. And so was the lobby. And us. Yeah, we're the culprits of everything.

As soon as we entered the hotel room, Harry told me to take a shower quickly so he can go in next. After three minutes in the shower--a record for me--Harry was next, so I sat in the living room watching SpongeBob on T.V.

I was slouched on the couch with jeans, in this heat, because I was told not to bring too much "shit" and this is all I had, plus the shirt wasn't even mine. The air conditioner was on, too.

Harry walked in with a towel in his hands, drying his hair. And nothing else, though the towel was long enough to cover him until his thighs.

"Do you mind?" I said and pressed the side of my thumb against my forehead.

"No, do you?" he asked.

"Yes."

He stared at me. "That's my shirt."

"I don't have anything else," I said. "Just a jumper."

"I didn't say take it off, did I?" He left the room, muttering something I didn't hear.

"I am hungry," I said to myself and went into the kitchen. Harry bought--*stole, maybe--just a few things like bread, cheese, tomatoes, chips, et cetera.

"Evelyn." Harry was back, wearing cotton shorts. "You're supposed to make the sandwich after we fuck."

I laughed. "This is for me. Make your own damn sandwich," I said and took out a plate.

Harry paused. "Can I have one?"

"What's the magic word?" I asked.

"Please," he muttered.

"Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"Yes."

I watched him throw himself onto the couch. "I thought you get the sandwiches after you fuck?" I joked.

He sat up. "So you want to fuck?" he asked.

I lost my smile. "Screw you."

"Go ahead."

I gave him his plate and sat down.

"Why are you watching this?" Harry asked and took a bite.

"Because it's the greatest thing a human can do." I bit my own sandwich. "Watch SpongeBob.

"I thought six year olds thought that," Harry stated.

"You don't like SpongeBob?"

"No."

"What. Are. You."

"Criminals don't have time to watch SpongeBob," Harry said, using the lamest of lame excuses.

"But swim in a pool?"

"Yes, I'd rather watch-" he paused and grabbed the remote control, "-this. A soccer match came on T.V.

I shook my head. "You are so evil," I said and took the remote off of him. "Fuck you, I forgot what channel it was."

Harry smiled at himself and leaned back onto the couch. "This is so uncomfortable, whatthefuck."