Chapter Sixty Eight

So practically all of yall want me to update two chapters a day, so I'll update two chapters a day. Thanks lovelies for the comments. :)

-:-:-:-

// four days before the incident //

As soon as I woke up--the time being 2:21 P.M. because I fell asleep at four, jetlag and all--I sat up in bed and turned to see if Harry was here, lying next to me, all right. He wasn't here.

I sighed and dropped my head onto my pillow. I stared at the ceiling, wondering why Harry hasn't at least texted me--my phone, not some kid who's nickname is Walking Sex--and not leaving me worried.

I thought I heard sounds in the other room but I ignored it. I've been seeing things, which terrified me--even though I was hiding my fear from myself--and this must have just been something that hadn't happened. But the sounds sounded like knocks on the door and the knocks on the door could have been Harry Styles so I threw myself out of bed and towards the door.

I got a strange feeling in my stomach as I opened the door. The boy from yesterday was there, leaning on the doorframe. I took a step back, realizing how close he was.

"Hey," he said nonchalantly, his voice low.

"Hi."

"So," he looked down at his shoes, "Harry's not leaving the hospital for a few days. Wanna go see him?"

I stopped breathing for a moment. "W-what?" I stuttered. "He's in the hospital?"

He frowned. "They didn't tell you?" he said and straightened his posture, standing a head taller than me. "He's been there since yesterday."

"What the fuck, they didn't say anything," I whined angrily, feeling tears in my eyes. "Is he okay?"

"I...I'm not sure." His eyes darted to the left, then he looked down at me. "He'll be there for a while. It was pretty serious. We can...go see him."

I sighed and stared at the ground. "What happened?" I wiped at a tear.

"He got stabbed in the back," the boy said, and shrugged. "Personally, I think it wasn't that bad."

"Who the fuck was it?" I demanded. He blinked and smiled.

"Let's go visit him," he suggested.

"I just woke up and I look horrifying." I used the first excuse that came into my head.

"No, you don't," he said quickly. "But-" He raised his eyebrows at my pajama shorts and a singlet.

"Oh, yeah." I blushed. "Just...I'll only be a few minutes."

"Sure," he said just when I heard my phone's ringtone blast in the bedroom. "One second," I told him and rushed into the room.

I answered the phone without looking at the I.D. "Hello?" I basically screamed into the phone.

"Evelyn, it's Zayn. Where are you?"

"Um, in the hotel. Why?" I said.

I heard his voice mutter something to someone else. "Don't go anywhere, we're coming to pick you up-" I heard another voice in the background: "No."

"W-was that Harry?" I gripped my phone tightly. "Can I talk to him?" I heard talking on the other end but couldn't understand anything. "Zayn."

"Okay, I'll pick you up in twenty minutes," he said.

"No, wait."

"What?"

"Someone's already going to take me," I said, "someone who told me that my boyfriend was actually stabbed and in the hospital."