Chapter Twelve

I'll be back. Eat something. Don't even try to leave. x Harry

I saw the television was still on, and I saved my game and closed it before creeping back into the bedroom.

Where could he have gone? Just leaving without telling me?

But...this was my chance. To leave. I need to earn my freedom back.

"Harry?" I called, just in case. No answer. Nobody home. Just me, myself and I.

My heart began to pound against my ribcage and the room went dizzy for a second. What if I got caught again?

You won't. But if you stand here like an idiot, he might come home.

I scrambled towards the front door. Locked. I'm not surprised. However, when I found Harry, forgot to lock the same window I tried to escape from unlocked, I was surprised.

It was at the back of the house, near the backyard door--I really wonder how the backyard looks--. The window was closed, but it wasn't locked.

With a smirk on my face, I flicked the lever and the window creaked open slightly. I pushed it all the way through so it was wide open. Small window, but enough for a human girl to fit through.

And then there was that familiar sound of the doorbell ringing, halting me to a stop just as I was about to climb out.

At first, I was debating whether or not to open it. What if it was Harry?

But...Harry wouldn't ring the bell of his own home?

With a frown, I closed the window incase it somehow was Harry and he saw my plan, and trudged towards the door just as the bell rang once again.

Taking in a deep breath, I opened the door: And there stood Eleanor. Her brows furrowed, and her eyes looked empty and shiny--as if she had tears in them.

Her lips--pressed together-- parted when she saw me, and she lunged at me with a shriek.

Eleanor's P.O.V.

"You know I never wanted to find my mate." The boy said quietly, staring into my eyes lovingly.

I pressed my teeth together so my jaw hurt, keeping me from letting out a sob.

Louis grasped my hand in his, gently, cradling it like it was the most precious thing ever and smiled softly, looking at his lap shyly.

"But I'm glad I did." He finished off whilst rubbing his thumb over my hand. My heart felt as if it stopped beating and very thing came crashing down on me.

*flashback*

"Evelyn!" I yelled, bringing her attention to me once more, "Evelyn, run!" She proceeded to catch up with me, until a body touched hers from behind--a tall. curly-haired boy with dark green eyes, staring at her neck with a confused expression. He held my best friend by the waist, smiling when she tried to escape.

I screamed when he threw her over his shoulder whilst trying to escape Louis' arms. What if I never saw her again? What if that man doesn't treat her correctly?

*end*

It was that night; I was way too busy worrying over Evelyn. I didn't even realize how nice my kidnapper was being to me. How mean he was that night, but then we were alone, he showered me with questions like, Are you alright? and complements like, I'm lucky to have you.

And now...and now...I realized. It was him. No matter how much of a jerk he was when Niall and Zayn and Liam came over, it was all acts. He told me himself. He was a criminal, but on the inside he was just a normal boy looking for a girl to love.