Chapter Twenty One

I stared at the poor girl behind me with wide-eyes and tried my best to think of something comprehensible to do to help her. I nudged Perrie's arm and she turned to me with a frown. I jerked my head towards the girl groaning behind me and Perrie's shoulders slumped as if she didn't want to help her with her bad-girl aura.

"Um, maybe we should take you to the First Aid?" I suggested quietly and grasped her arm gently. I thought she'd reject the offer, but instead, nodded with a tight face, eyes closed in pain.

I looked at Perrie desperately and saw her expression was filled with horror and fear, lips parted and blue eyes big. "Oh my God." I heard her mutter before she gripped the girl's other arm in a more death-grip, making the young girl flinch. "Evelyn, hurry!" she hissed, dragging the girl away from the line, leaving me no choice but to follow. I didn't realize the girl was accompanied by another, who followed us with a concerned look. She didn't realize what was going on because she was on the phone, but immediately hung up on whoever it was and trailed behind us.

"Nicole? What's going on?" she asked. The girl--Nicole--just simply shook her head and followed us to a large tent with a red '+' sign at the front. She looked at us with concern but I just shrugged. All these people shared worried and pitied looks at the girl whose arm was draped over my shoulder as I stumbled to the front of the tent.

We threw the doors open, a nurse immediately coming towards the rude people who intruded the tent. The women, who looked about 40 years of age, was about to scowl at us until she saw the girl weeping in my arms.

"Oh my," she gasped. "Doctor! Come in here, we have a patient!"

"What happened?" she asked as I seated the girl on a chair beside me, rubbing her back comfortingly. "I-I," I began, not knowing what to say, "I don't know. I think her head hurts."

"Yes." the girl murmured with a hiss of pain, still unable to open her eyes. I turned to Perrie who had a grim look on her face, a shadow crossing over her now dull eyes. "M-my stomach h-hurts and--ow."

"Don't speak, love." the nurse said quietly, raising her hand to touch the girl's forehead. "The Doctor will be here in a minute. Somebody else is hurt, too. Do you mind opening your mouth?"

The petite girl hesitated, but did so as the nurse popped a ice-cream stick looking thing into her mouth and put a small torch at the front of the girl's mouth.

The nurse nodded silently and turned the light off, bringing it to the front of her eyes. She threw the Popsicle stick in a small bin behind her and faced Nicole, who had mute tears rolling down her cheeks. "Can you open your eyes, Hun?"

The girl, once again, tensed up and shuffled in her seat, but reluctantly fluttered her eyes open, straightening to give the nurse a better view.

Her friend gasped and concealed her mouth with her hand, and I saw Perrie turn rigid. My own mouth fell open at the sight of the girl's eyes. They were now a light shade of purple, glimmering under the tent's lights. She seemed unaware of the things happening to her, with the exception of the pain, and worried at our expressions, quietly panicking. 

The nurse stared at her with quivering lips. After a few seconds, she muttered something under her breath before straightening and allowing a massive amount of oxygen in her mouth. "Security!" she cried, and I felt my eyes widen and saw Perrie's hand twitch for her knife. "Security! Code 116!" the nurse screamed, running off. "Code 116! Request immediate backup!" 

Instantly, half a dozen officers sprinted into the large tent, eyes traveling back and forth until they met the nurse's. "A hostile is running loose!" I heard the woman whisper frantically. "The girl's mate is here!"