Chapter Forty Seven

Harry followed me inside the house.

At first, he stood behind me as I closed the back door and waited for the helicopter to stop hovering over, not only our house, but through the whole avenue, just to be sure. The furthest it has gone was when it reached the end of our street and turned slightly, and, of course, came back.

It wasn't enough time for Harry to run across the street and go back home. If they caught him, they'll have to do a quick check and see his ID and stuff like that, if I had to guess. I'm pretty sure the cops could tell between a fake ID or not. I think something like that happened to us, and either the man who crafted Harry's fake ID was amazing at it or we were lucky.

I backed away from the door and turned to face Harry, who wore a confused expression on his face, looking almost grim. I motioned behind him and he spun around and quietly slipped through the hallway. After we were out of the cramped area. I moved in front and led him into my room.

"Why did the helicopter start checking if people were out," I said once Harry closed the door to my room behind him, "when the curfew began hours ago?"

He shrugged his broad shoulders, not listening as his eyes gazed upon my room. "Dunno, probably just lazy people...Nice room," he said.

"Didn't you see it before?"

Harry walked over to the sliding door and stopped abruptly.

"Oh, I forgot about that," I said and walked over to him. I bent down and picked up a huge shard of glass, but Harry gasped and carefully snatched it off me.

"What?" I argued.

"You could cut yourself," he shot back. "Not...that I--Just let me do it."

I rolled my eyes and sat back on my bed, watching him pick up the glass shrapnel off of the ground. "Wait a minute," I said and went back next to him. "How can I trust you not to stab me with one of them?"

"I don't need these to stab you," he whispered slyly and quickened his pace at moving the glass to one side.

"What does that mean?" I asked quietly, and he winced.

He didn't say anything.

"Whatever weapon you have on yourself, I want you to rid them all. Put them where I can see them."

"No, mum." he said and flopped his arms on his thighs.

"Now."

He sighed and pulled back the front of his jacket, revealing a hilt tucked in an inner pocket. He yanked the dagger out and dropped it on the floor with a quiet clutter. Then he reached to the other side of his jacket and pulled out a revolving pistol. I swallowed my fear as he placed it on my desk gently and kneeled to the floor to slide out another knife wrapped around his leg with a stretching black material.

My lips tightened. "Is that all?"

"You wanna frisk me or what?" he bit. I glared at him for half a minute with my arms crossed and he threw his head back in defeat. He pulled out another knife, hidden in his left sleeve and slapped it onto my desk. He peeled his jacket off of him and threw it onto my bed.

"Looks like you're going to rob someone," I said. "instead of pay a visit to me."

"It just, oh, y'know...keeps me alive," Harry said.

"Alive?" I frowned.

Harry eyed me boredly. "Well, when I get caught I don't run until they can't."

I walked around him and pressed my knees to the ground, picking up only the large pieces of glass.

After placing the glass pieces aside, I stepped towards the balcony but Harry managed to avoid the tiny broken glass which weren't even visible and grabbed my wrist.