Only One Women

Things got real quiet and awkward. It was like no one wanted to say anything. I sure wasnt going to be the first one to say anything. I knew this was going to bad...real bad. My mom got up and went to the kitchen with my dad and little cousin following.

*

*

Diggy:babygirl can you uhh go in the kitchen with grandma and grandpa for me please?

Aubrey:yes daddy.

Diggy:and ask grandma to make me a plate to go.

Aubrey:ok.

*

*

She walked out and it got quiet again with just me diggy and a sleeping Jr. He rubbed his head, sighed then looked at me...

*

*

Diggy:wassup with that?

You:...

Diggy:really? So now you have nothing to say!?

You:....

Diggy:coo.

*

*

He turned then got up and went to the kitchen, after a few minutes he came back in with his keys in hands...

*

*

Diggy:want me to take the kids?

You:(clears throat) uh sure.

Diggy:alright.

*

*

He grabbed my keys then went to get the car seats to put in his car when he came back he called Aubrey and picked jr up off my lap...

*

*

Aubrey:bye mommy.

You:bye baby.

*

*

After he left I sat in the same spot just thinking I don't know what to expect from him when I get home. I do know I was terrified for what was coming...

*

*

?:you ok baby?

*

*

I turned to my mom to see a look of concern on her face..

*

*

You:oh uh yea mom I'm good.

Mom:stop lying to me baby.

You:(sighs) mom I don't know what to do.

Mom:about what?

you:about dig. I know you seen what just happened.

Mom:(sighs) well as much as I dislike mike he is aubriel's birth father and as much as I love diggy he needs to just except that he's going to be in her life.

You:yea. It's not like I'm doing something with him.

Mom:you better not be!

You:I'm not mom.

Mom:good. Well just explain that to diggy.

You:(shutting my eyes) oh and I forgot to mention that I lied about where I was.