00 | Prologue

"You can't catch me!" Five year old Zayn squealed as he ran away with the football from his father, giggling uncontrollably.

Yaser chuckled softly at his son and grinned before jogging after him. He chuckled when he picked up his squealing son, spinning them around. "Gotcha" he grinned.

"That's no fair" Zayn pouted and crossed his arms, playfully glaring at his father and huffing. "You cheated"

Yaser fake gasped, clutching his heart. "I did no such thing!" he exclaimed, poking his sons stomach. "How can I cheat?" He asked, raising questioningly his bushy eyebrow.

"Your legs are longer" The dark haired boy kept his hard glare on his father, Yaser cooing at his sons cuteness.

"Don't worry bub, you'll get there soon" The older man chuckled softly, kissing Zayn's forehead.

"Boys? Dinner!" Trisha yelled from inside the house. "Okay, come on bub, let's go before your mum gets angry again like the last time" He mumbled the last part with a low chuckle, Zayn whining softly at that. "But I wanna keep pwaying baba" He pouted some more, giving his dad his oh so famous puppy dog eyes.

"After dinner, promise" Yaser smiled down at his son before carrying him up towards the door. Zayn huffed dramatically, mumbling a small 'fine' before slumping in his fathers chest and resting the side of his head on his shoulder.

As his father carried him up to the door, his eyes wandered over to the house beside theirs, noticing a moving truck in front of it and strangers carrying boxes into the house, figuring they were getting new neighbors. His eyes then landed on a small boy his age who was wearing a pink skirt and a tiara on top of his mop of messy curls.

Zayn narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, wondering why a boy would wear something girls like to wear. "Baba?" He questioned, straightening himself to look up at the old man.

Yaser hummed in respond, looking down at the boy after stopping in front of the door. "Yeah sport?"

"Why is that boy wearing a skirt and a tiara?" The five year old pointed to the hyper boy by the yard next to theirs who was jumping around excitingly while his parents were carrying boxes inside the house and smiling at the little boy, Yaser turning his head.

He couldn't help but smile softly at that. "Well son, most kids your age don't really care about the things they wear. Some boys may be interested in wearing girl clothes, there's nothing wrong with that" He explained while entering the house with him.

"He looked cute" Zayn giggled and smiled, Yaser humming in agreement. "He did" He smiled down at his son, already proud of himself that he raised him.

"Can we visit them after dinner?" Zayn suddenly asked. "Please please please" He begged while grabbing a fistful of his fathers shirt and jumping up and down on his arms.

"Okay okay, calm down little one" His father laughed softly, letting his son down. "Yes we can visit them after dinner, now go wash up and tell your sister to come down" He chuckle and watched as his son ran towards the bathroom, squealing excitingly.

Yaser shook his head fondly at the boy before heading into the kitchen and smiling softly as he spotted his pregnant wife standing in front of the stove, stirring the sauce.

"We have some new neighbors" He said and wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her swollen bump. Trisha chuckled and leaned into her lovers touch. "I know. The Payne's. They already came over a few weeks ago while you three were gone and introduced themselves, just wanting to know how the neighborhood was" She explained to him, turning off the stove.