29 | Lies and guilt

The brunette shifted uncomfortably as he got into a new position, the autumn sun peaking through his thin curtains. He scrunched up his face, eyes slowly fluttering open. He pushed himself up, rubbing at his sore eyes with a fist before looking around the room, frowning deeply when he saw the empty bedside beside him.

His eyes went to the floor, just to see his clothes being sprawled all over it, not a single piece of his clothing whatsoever. Which meant, he left before Liam could even notice.

The brunette ignored the painful feeling in his heart, trying hard not to shed a tear. He shook his head in disappointment and threw the covers aside, slowly sitting up. He groaned softly when pain shot through his body, placing his hand on his stomach.

The boy stood up, rather slowly, grabbing his thin bathrobe and slipped into it, tying it up. He limped towards his desk, whimpering as the pain continued to go through his body, the throbbing feeling in his lower half making him want to just lay back down in bed.

He grabbed his charging phone, checking to see that he had 109 missed calls and 98 text messages, most of them being from Toni. His heart suddenly clenched in his chest when his mind traveled back to the event that happened yesterday, guilt suddenly rising.

"Oh god." He muttered and rubbed his face, biting his bottom lip hard. He cheated on Toni. He cheated on him with the asshole that chose a cake faced bimbo over him. They haven't even been dating for that long and he was already unfaithful. He really was a slut.

Liam decided to call him, his heart thumping hard against his ribcage, hands shaking. He inhaled a deep, shaky breath after dialing his number, pressing his phone against his ear and patiently listened to the ringing.

"Baby? Thank god you're calling. I already thought something happened. Did something happen?" Liam's lips broke into a soft smile when he heard the lads concerned and worried voice, biting down his bottom lip once again.

"Yeah, yeah baby I'm fine. I just– I wasn't feeling well. I fell asleep before I could even text you. I'm sorry." He lied, closing his eyes. He hated lying, he honestly did. Especially in a relationship, but he could do this to Toni. He was so sweet and he took such good care of him. Liam knew he was falling for him, but he knew he fucked up the second he kissed Zayn back.

"It's fine baby. We can celebrate some other time, at least you're fine." Liam nodded his head with a soft hum, chuckling softly. "You want me to come over today? I could bring your favorite food, maybe we could watch some batman."

"That really sounds wonderful but I'm afraid I still feel a bit under the weather. Could we maybe reschedule that for another time?"

"Oh uh yeah sure. It's no problem babe. I hope you feel better soon." Liam smiled a little and sighed. "I'll text you later babe." And with that, the brunette hung up rather quickly without letting his boyfriend say another word.

He rubbed his eyes and groaned in frustration, placing his phone to the side. "Fuck my life." He mumbled, feeling his eyes tear up.

****

"You had what!?" Gigi stared at the brunette with her wide blue eyes, lips parted in shock. "We um– we had sex..." The boy looked down at his lap, chewing on his bottom lip.

"You and Zayn? You two had– although you and Toni– he and Perrie– you two fucked?" Liam silently nodded his head, his face heating up at the thought.

"He came onto you right?" The blonde asked him, furrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah. He– he came over and just kissed me. And for some reason, I couldn't push him away." The brunette rubbed his face and sniffled softly, Gigi cooing.

"Aww babe, no please don't cry." She said softly and wrapped him arms around her, pulling him closer against her. "It's gonna be okay."

"No it's not. You know I hate lying and– and i can't do this to Toni. He deserves better and I cheated on him and I–" Liam's eyes watered again and he hugged the blonde tightly, burying his face into her neck.

"Baby, it's going to be okay." Gigi sighed softly and kissed his head, gently stroking his curls. "Me and Harry will help you survive this and if Zayn tries anything else, he'll feel my nails scratch out his eyes." A smile spread her lips when the brunette released a soft giggle, looking down at him.

"You're going to be fine. Shit like this happens, okay? And no matter what, it won't change the way you feel about Toni. You still love him and you hate Zayn, right? So it's all good." Gigi chuckled once their eyes met, using her thumbs to wipe away his fallen tears.

She pressed a soft kiss to his forehead and let him cuddle himself into her side as they laid down, wrapping her arms around him like a protective mama bear. "Thank you for being here." Liam murmured softly against her neck, sniffling softly.

"Are you kidding me? Liam, you're my best friend and after what Zayn did to you all this time, of course I'm here." Gigi scoffed playfully and rubbed his shoulder gently. "We can continue the squad without him. We have B.J. and Toni now too so." She smiled fondly as Liam nodded his head, brushing her lips against his forehead carefully.

"At least he can't get you pregnant." The blonde suddenly said, causing both of them to laugh. "That's true." The seventeen year old replied and giggled, nuzzling her head more into her neck.

Liam was glad to have a friend like Gigi, she always knew how to comfort him and assure him that everything will be fine, but for some reason, Liam knew that it won't be fine. It was silly though, since it was just a feeling in his gut. He sighed, shaking the thought aside before relaxing, slowly falling asleep in the blondes arms.

****

Short chapter but here you go.
You got a nice ligi moment as well ☺️

So in the next chapter there'll be another time skip, which means the real drama will happen. There'll also be extra chapter for the side ships I've planned in this story and maybe for those who like nourry I'll add an extra smut part, but only if you are up for it.

So I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry if I didn't update as much as I did before but you know, we all just wanna get to the baby drama👶🏽

P.S.: If any of you think I'm moving too fast with this story, just tell me so I can slow down a little.